Lying about divorce reason to be allowed to re-marry

by Big Softie 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Big Softie
    Big Softie

I know my view on this but would be interested to see what anyone else thinks.

At a court hearing recently my estranged wife, who left me (I'm not JW) asked me if I would be prepared to lie to her elders and state that I had committed adultery (I didn't) so that she would be allowed to "get on in her faith". This from a woman who before she left got intimate (emotionally, I'm not sure about physically) with two "sisters", one of whom took to buying her large bunches of red roses and basicaly furnished her new house for her.

Now my view is that she has clearly stated and put in writing that the marriage ended because of my unreasonable behaviour (i.e. I wouldn't become a JW or force my kids to join the cult either) and so asking me to lie as to why the marriage ended just so she can re-married is totally against the JW doctrines she continually states she totally believes in and would be starting a new life based on a big fat lie.

Is this simply yet another clear demonstration of the JW Cult members willingness to lie and bend / break their own rules to get what they want and have the elders once again put her up to it?

Not sure the big man upstairs would be too pleased.

Comments please.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I take it you're not a jw? If so why would she need you to do anything or say anything? You're not beholden to the elders to tell them anything about your private business much less lie about it.

• VIII
    VIII

Is this simply yet another clear demonstration of the JW Cult members willingness to lie and bend / break their own rules to get what they want and have the elders once again put her up to it?

Yes. They are hypocrites. Liars when they need to be.

How do I know? My Mom pretty much did the same to my Dad. She did it on her own because she knew she needed to be "Spripturally" Divorced in order to get remarried to any potential JW and have good standing in the KH.

This is pretty much SOP on any number of JW behaviors.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

She needs to have him lie so she can be scripturally free to re-marry. Marriage is "till death do us part" unless one of them has committed adultery.

• Think About It
    Think About It

If a cult elder comes around asking you about your sex life.......tell him to go have intercourse with himself.

Think About It

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, get your ex to lie so you can be "scripturally" free to re-marry. Irony at it's best.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, I'd do it! I'll even provide a signed statement and a couple of PhotoShopped photos of me and my mistress. But only if you insist, honey.

--sd-7

• wiser
    wiser

She fears man and not God? Doesn't she know the scriptures that the father of all lies is satan and that God hates all liars!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't understand. If she thinks it's okay to lie and say you committed adultery, then why is she a JW in the first place?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

By the time of my divorce, I was so miserable, I'd have committed adultery just to get out of the thing. I had been inactive for 10 years by then. Had gone for one night meeting right before y2k and found it so bizarre, I knew I'd never return, could never return. It was after that I took my list of things that made me go hmmmm and really meditated on it. I had read online about Ray Franz and others. Over the next couple of years I waked up to the truth about the lie. At that point I didn't care anymore about the witness rules on marriage and divorce. Screw them is pretty much what I thought.

If you haven't committed adultery, don't lie!! Let her squirm her away around the issue herself. What nerve for her to ask you to do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit