Lying about divorce reason to be allowed to re-marry

by Big Softie 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

...and if she is so convinced that Armageddon might be so soon that she might still be DFd when it arrives......... she won't have to wait long 'cos Jehovah is going to kill you, which leaves her 'scripturally free' to marry.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

See this thread from about a year ago. My advice is the same as it was then: don't make a liar out of yourself for her convenience. She left--her decision. She stays in the Witnesses, knowing they won't allow her to remarry--her decision. She's responsible for the consequences of her decisions, as you are for your own. Don't compromise your self respect by lying at her request, blaming yourself for an act you didnt commit.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It's a faith based upon lies, that's what.

Yes it is but people are messy, they don't always make sense or act logically. It's a thankless job pointing out every inconsistancy you recognize. In my opinion it's all about how much you want her to pay for hurting you. I would however tell the kids the truth when they reach an age of understanding.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

refuse to lie

let her live with the consequences of her actions.

oz

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm sorry, but your wife doesn't need to be enabled. She needs to face the music of what religion she is involved in. She will never wake up until she has to deal with consequences. Tell HER to say she committed adultery. It's her idea for a lie to be launched. Let her lie.

• donnye
    donnye

Big Softie - I apologise for calling your estranged wife a lowlife - that was unkind and unnecessary. She might be lovely, just very desperate.

peacefulpete - I didn't realise men like you existed, willing to allow yourself to be wronged in order for your ex to be happy with someone else. No wonder you got back together again :-)

• Listener
    Listener

Definately don't do it. Honesty is the best policy. Seriously, you will be compromising yourself. You don't say what your beliefs are about God but if you do worship him (in your own way) then it would amount to a serious offence.

Consider how your actions might come back to 'bite' you. For instance, you have kids and they may make some detrimental judgements about you if you lie.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    In my opinion it's all about how much you want her to pay for hurting you.

We are not talking about hiding information that can free her. He hasn't done the deed.

She is only wanting to pull a fast one on her church leaders and wants him to lie to do it. It's not something that would fool her stroppy little killer God into not feeding her to the birds at Armageddon.

• designs
    designs

If her door is swinging in both directions she may give herself the grounds for a legit divorce to the Elders.

Back in the 80s the Society changed the rules about suspecting a mate of infidelity. Previously a person could have a Letter on file stating their suspicions or evidence then you had to have actual eyewitness evidence, thus was born the Elder as Detective sitting in a car waiting for some Witness to come out of the Motel room. The funny part, and shows the Society doesn't even know about Affairs very well, they ruled the persons involved would need to spend all night together at the Motel. What part of an 'Affair' being a clandestine evening and a hot romp didn't these mopheads understand.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Saying you committed in adultery to a judge, in some states, can mean legal and financial loss during a divorce.

Have some self respect, man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit