Hubby told Elders I thought JWs were brainwashed...

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Keep your child safe. Keep it away from the Watchtower and all the stupid restrictions and controls.

• moshe
    moshe

He ratted you out to the elders- revealing your personal anti-WT comment and he knew the elders could use it against you-

spouses owe each other loyalty-

If the Elders could, they would have a show trial and then have you stoned for apostacy. He is not a nice hubby.

• I quit!
    I quit!

You said that there was no way in hell that you would let your child grow up in a cult. I'm glad to hear that. One of the problems I see for those who try to play the game of going to the KH with their children pretending that all is well is that they are probably creating a monster that will evenually turn on them viewing them as a opposer to the truth.

I'm sorry that things are going the way they are for you but sometimes we have to make very tough decissions if things are going to work out right for us in the long run. All of us that have left the Watchtower have come to that crossroads. Good luck and keep us informed how things are going.

• cognac
    cognac

I know Moshe. I told him if he ever puts me in a situation where he would put me in a situation where I could be dff'ed, I'd be done with us. If I get dff'ed, it will be me who does that, not him.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

what in the world did your husband think he was going to accomplish by telling the elders on you?

Perhaps subliminally he too wants movement in your relationship? Informing the elders and having them act is a great way to force the issue without taking responsibility.

• moshe
    moshe
    Informing the elders and having them act is a great way to force the issue without taking responsibility.

that is what I was thinking- drag him to marriage counseling- he needs to 'fess up about what his ultimate plans are for this marriage. He is also trying to garner some sympathy from the KH, too. Looking back, I strongly suspect that my JW wife used my leaving the WT religion as a pretex to get a divorce rather than admit she wanted to look for a new husband- it does seem strange that she quit going to the meetings after a couple years or so and ended up marrying a non-JW in the end.

• LV101
    LV101

he should tell the losers he made vows to God to protect and care for all of your needs -- not their power club. oh, that's right, the club doesn't worry about what God's commands are.

love moshe's words of wisdom/advice.

LV101

• Think About It
    Think About It
    spouses owe each other loyalty-

I agree 100% with relationship before cult religion. I would be so pissed & embarrassed to have a mate tell elders something that was private and confidential. That would definately be a relationship breaker after a big discussion about it and it ever happened again.

Think About It

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hubby told Elders I thought JWs were brainwashed.....Cognac

http://djkesh.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/img00058-20090926-16511.jpg?w=430&h=323

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am so sorry you are going through this. I can relate. I know all about trying to stay..toddlers...working...all of that. Now I know lots about divorce and starting over. PM me if you want to talk. I think he was way out of line to speak for you. Did you speak to him about this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit