Hubby told Elders I thought JWs were brainwashed...

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

They didn't do anything about it. Guess cause I'm considered inactive? Well, he moved to a new hall and went to 1 meeting with him. Didn't even stay the whole time. And now they wanted to meet with me. So, I met with them.

Well, I didn't deny it when they asked but I didn't admit anything either. Let me just say, I've been trying for years to make this work with my husband. Trying to reach agreements that we could meet each other halfway on... Everything was going fine until he decided to go back in again.

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I'm just done with this relationship. I mean, all that work just down the drain cause one day he woke up and just changed his mind. I don't want to go through this anymore... It's always a struggle and I'm done with it. And there is no way in hell I'm letting my child grow up in this cult.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" And there is no way in hell I'm letting my child grow up in this cult "

As a mother your child is your top priority, in the cult they are not

now that you know what your main priority is, you have to decide

on your next move. I choose my child over this Org. My child actually saved

me from this when they pointed out that I was choosing her over Jehovah

which I was not I was choosing her over the Org.

• Satanus
    Satanus

May i be the first one to welcome you back, even if it's just for a brief visit.

You have certainly put a lot of effort and time into it, gave it a LOT of time. Our time here, on earth is only for a short time. A marriage that isn't working should not necesarily take up all of our time here, imo, contrary to the opinion of some religious people. Go for what works for you, and your child.

S

• Scully
    Scully

( bran ' wosh ' ing, -wô ' shing )
    n.

1. Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.
    2. The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.

Definition #1 as it pertains to the JWs: partially true in the case of converts; absolutely true in the case of children born-in.

Definition #2 as it pertains to the JWs: true.

I've actually heard a talk at a District Convention™ - I believe it was Dan Sydlik who was the speaker - discussing the accusation of "brainwashing", to which he stated something along the lines of Yes! and I'm so glad my brain has been washed clean of the filth of The World™! Aren't we glad that Jehovah provides what we need to be among his clean - brainwashed - people!? *applause*

So if a (now deceased) member of the GB admits to it, then why are they so offended when other people say it?

• cognac
    cognac

I've been thinking about what my next move is going to be. I think I have a pretty good strategy but have to work out a couple of the details.

• chickpea
    chickpea

you cannot unscramble an egg, mate...

you KNOW the b0rg is a cult and
    you KNOW as a parent you cannot
    surrender another mind or life on
    their altar.... be firm in your resolve
    to marginalize the impact that this
    heinous collective will have on yours
    and your child's life! go be happy!!

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks Satanus! I've missed it here! It will probably have to be a brief visit. I'm going back to college and with that, a toddler and work I'm pretty swamped... But, what you said is true. Our time here is brief...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You're doing the right thing in protecting your child. That is the number ONE priority in any parent's life.

I have to ask, what in the world did your husband think he was going to accomplish by telling the elders on you?

• cognac
    cognac

I don't know, ms. I told him that although I'm only a little bit mad at him, I mostly feel pity for him, that does not mean that I have to subject myself to this for the rest of my life.

• moshe
    moshe

Obviously your hubby is the weak on here- needing to go back to the KH for his fix of WT falsehoods. Since he can't admit he wants a life that excludes you, then you have to be the strong one and make the split happen. Just living your life as a free individual and exercising freedom of speech will make him walk out- he has to, as you are absolute spiritual endangerment to his JW mindset. Push it until he cracks on his WT beliefs or he walks out-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit