New resolution passed at last service meeting? crazy!!

by finallyfree! 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

scully

If you believe that, especially the part about funds being sent back to the congregation if the need arose, I have a bridge and some waterfront property to sell you.

Ok they will give you back the money at interest! They seem to quickly forget they shouldn't charge interest to their brothers

• Scully
    Scully

Lee,

They won't "give" the money back. They will LEND it back to the congregations, and charge interest for the privilege of borrowing money that they donated in the first place.

What a racket!!

• besty
    besty

the WTS have continued a centuries long tradition of religious alchemy

(tax free donations + free labour) = real estate empire.

neat.

It never ceases to amaze me how religion always needs land+buildings. Reminds me of something George Carlin once said....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen similar resolutions, but usually one-time resolutions that donate "excess" funds to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Typically, this will happen whenever the congregation funds reach around $3,000. This means a good way to make sure a congregation is short of funds is to donate $3,000 about a week before their bills come due. Everyone else usually donated earlier, and your $3,000 will add with the $1,500 or so earmarked for those bills, creating a balance of $4,500. They will bleed that amount, wiping out the account, and then hound the flock that they need to donate more to keep the congregation going. Which they generally will--at great hardship to themselves.

The big downside to this trick is that you will feed $4,500 (including your $3,000 plus the funds already on hand) into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• shepherd
    shepherd

Yes, they lend money with interest owing, but no cash will ever be returned...it's gone forever.

Same with Greece...everyone chipped in (with hardship) and built the branch office. People even died while making it. After a year or 2 the WTBTS sold it....the money they got was not even kept to be used only in Greece. Meantime congregations could borrow to build, with interest.

It's a scam.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I remember right before I stopped going to the meetings a young elder who was in his late 20's just asked a simple question about where the money was gong to truly go. OH MY WORD this elder was blasted by a elder in his 40's and told in front of everyone not to question anything because if we are asked to give money then Jehovah was with it.

This young elder did not sleep that night was so stressed out for days his wife told me. He wished he had never asked the question. Of course the vote was 100 percent.

LITS

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when I was accounts servant a little over a year ago we had close to $20k in the society's grasp.

at one time our congo's bank account was geeting low (kinda like $1,500 or less)......... I asked the elders: "can we ask the society for $5k back?"

the elder said: "it's too much paperwork, so we'll have to budget right".

these loans are a one way street!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The way the accounts paperwork is kept in most congregations, and the way resolutions are filed -- or not filed -- it does not take long for people to forget that the money was ever sent to the Society in the first place. Anyone ever seen the inside of most congregation's filing system? Dear God FSM.

No, except for the elders, and even most of those forget after a time -- and maybe a couple of the large donors (usually elderly) that get bent out of shape for their money going to Brooklyn Walkill Patterson (oh wait, Rampau or wherever the hell their new compound is moving), no one remembers that the money ever existed. Back in my old KH (Death Valley Wood River) Except for one old sister that used to write down everything in the accounts when it was read, no one paid attention. (A***, you still doing that dear? After the UN debacle, you are on this site, ain't ya? LOL)

Snakes (Rich )

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

snakes,

every month we would get a letter from the society thanking us for the donated "xx" dollars in the world wide work. "yy" dollars in the KH fund, and "Etc, etc" dillars donated to KHAA (bla bla bla).

at the bottom of the page they would remind us, that we had "a" amount of dollars of ours in their hold.

so, this money was never forgotten, but hard to get back.

• poppers
    poppers

Just curious, and don't mean to hijack the thread, but has there ever been a resolution that was presented and then voted down?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit