Having the door slammed in ones face was a frequent occurrence in our territory.
There were so many JWs living in the area, that it was being covered several times a month:
- and guess what; people were well and truly / heartily / passionately fed up to the eye brows with us!
(This flew in the face of the WTS's claims that you "did not work territory to death - rather, you worked it to life." Like Hell you do!)
In many ways, too, this was exacerbated by being in a hot climate - with everyones doors and windows being left open at all times:
- so that when one person "blew a gasket" at you, everyone in the whole street could hear them go off.
Then , the process was repeated at the next door, and the next one, and the next one and so on.
(Sometimes I wondered if they were each holding a contest, to see who could shout and scream the loudest!)
Still at that point believing the nonsense we were trying to talk to the public about, I remember being philosophic - if not a little cynical in response:
- thinking to myself each time " Fella, it's your funeral, not mine! The day will come when you wished you had listened, but by then it will be too late."
Incidentally, that so many JWs lived in this area had NOTHING to do with the territory being exceedingly productive:
- it had everything to do with it being a low cost housing area, and the low socio-economic status of most JWs.
- we were nearly ALL of us imports, who could not afford to live anywhere else.