What Was Your Attitude When A Householder Slammed The Door In Your Face?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

My dad always said they have just had there card marked!! And it's not me they were rejecting... we used to take a note of the posh houses in the terriotry and say I will have your house mate when god destroys you at the big A, and the birds have pecked your eyes out. How loving!!!

I was only 7 years old an being told all these horror stories The JW'S are all mad and sick in the head.

HHG

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I was flush from embarassment and rejection, then mixed with relief because I didn't have to stumble through my stupid presentation & my turn was over- I got to relax for another 10min until "round robin" around the sedan...oh damn it is my turn agan

CHG

• minimus
    minimus

As JWs many of us were smug. WE had EVERLASTING LIFE! Those stupid dumbasses were gonna die!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A slammed door was easy..

Try a Pissed Off Woman chasing you down the street..

"Come back here!"..

"You JW Son of a Bitch!!"..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g4QiIhlZnQQ/SQl0DooXuRI/AAAAAAAAAFE/AWexistcS_Y/s320/Woman_Chasing_a_Man_with_a_Rolling_Pin.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I had a venomous man threaten me with an attack dog. He was a do-not-do. I ASSURED him no JW would EVER bother him again. I was the Secretary then and I made it a huge deal because I thought this rabid man and dog would bite me!!!

• pontoon
    pontoon

got that one done

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Minimus!!..

When I was growing up..

A lot of the older JW`s didn`t care who they pissed off..

If you didn`t listen to their message,you were an asshole..And..They would be back to try again..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

Personally......I considered that the person was 'inclined' to accept the Truth but that day was not the most fertile for seed sowing.....thus by my being polite and showing up acted as an 'informal witness' and this would add eventual to their accepting the Truth at the proper time and season of their lives before Armageddon started.

That said the congo I am in now has the exact opposite POV..... they reviled and ridiculed everyone who doesn't accept immediately. I remember one of the last book studies I attended with the Nazi PO he commented on a house whose owners never answered the door when we came calling... I thought again , not their time, being polite and unconfrontational..... he on the other hand made fun of them and had everyone laughing at how they would feel when they were about to be destroyed realizing they should have answered the door....

• carla
    carla

Outlaw! were you one of those lurking jw's in the bushes to get that pic of me?

(felt like doing that many times!)

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

At first, it hurt my feelings and then with experience came I became self-righteous and judgemental. I figured that "it's their loss, not mine. And I zealously continued in freak service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit