Why babies go to hell (explanation)

by whereami 38 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Shelby, no need to apologize really. I completely understood where you and some others were coming from. This is a sensitive matter to me as well. That's why I was looking for some clarification.

Thanks again.

• whereami
    whereami

DP, now I no why the WTS condemned this type of music. Alice was ah...shall we say ahead of his time?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Fundies believe people suffer eternal torment in Hellfire. They try to separate themselves from saying babies go to Hell. My question is......what is the cutoff age? At what age do humans start going to Hell? Or does Hell have a sign that says You Must Be This Tall to Ride?

Think About It

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Everybody goes to the hell of scripture. Nobody goes to the hell of traditional theology....since it does not exist. So of course babies go to Sheol/Hades. Gehenna (eternal destruction/punishment) is reserved only for those who sin against the Holy Spirit.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    So Burn, you would agree that the likes of Augustine of Hippo, John Calvin and the others mentioned on the second video including the Westminster Confession Of Faith to be completely wrong on this issue, correct?

I know this was direct at Burns, but if I may:

Yeah, they were wrong.

Human tend to NOT be right about everything, LOL !
    Augustine was smart and very insightful, but he wasn't always right, no one is and it's ok to point out that People make mistakes.

Augustine kind of blew the whole original sin thing WAY out of porportion, but he, he was only Human.

• whereami
    whereami
    So Burn, you would agree that the likes of Augustine of Hippo, John Calvin and the others mentioned on the second video including the Westminster Confession Of Faith to be completely wrong on this issue, correct?
    I know this was direct at Burns, but if I may:
    Yeah, they were wrong.
    Human tend to NOT be right about everything, LOL !
    Augustine was smart and very insightful, but he wasn't always right, no one is and it's ok to point out that People make mistakes.
    Augustine kind of blew the whole original sin thing WAY out of porportion, but he, he was only Human.

Thanks for your honest response PSac. And there is where the problem lies I believe. Sometimes at least. When some non believers point out some of these inconsistencies or absurdities in their faith the religious, quite understandably, "goes off" on the them. They say the mere fact of asking or questioning is a waste of time or absurd. It kind of reminds me of the ex-Jw that tries to point out inconsistencies or bizarre beliefs once held by the faith they so much cherish. They instead of addressing the issue and say it was wrong and admit that the only reason they changed was because of time or soceity in general forced them to, or else it would reflect bad on them in todays world, they brush it off on "New Light." What was exepted back then, today is looked at as just a simple missunderstanding or mistake. Alot like what the Jw's say to others when they get called on it. Of course I knew 99.9% of my Chritian freinds here would never approve of this teaching, unless it was clear in their bible that it was the case, I don't know. What if it was? What if today all Christians still believed what these "pillars of faith" said. And some still do today!!! What was exepted back then, today is looked at as just a simple misunderstanding or mistake. Alot like what the Jw's say to others when they get called on it. The "Oh we NOW see things more clearly" shpiel get's thrown out there as if it means something. Very fustrating, as we all here have gone through this at times I'm sure. I understand they were only human. I get that. It's just scary seeing that society has suffered so much, phsyically, mentaly and emotionally because of these "silly human mistakes" throughout the centuries, and til this day unfortunatly. Why does the man upstairs allow this? Just for once and for all make it clear what is truth and what is man's truth. Why is it so hard to do this? Does he enjoy watching his children killing, torturing each other over these things? I mean this has been going on for THOUSANDS of years!!!! This goes completely against the "God Is Love" theory. None of us would allow this if we had the power to change it. And we also wouldn't stop until it was fixed. There is no amount of logic you can throw at this that would make any sense. Oh well, just thinking out loud. Sorry about the rant. Again, thanks to all who have given their insight on this matter. Oh... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. Please be safe out there.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

If you don't need to be sucked into these sorts of emotional rants and feel that it was an obvious ploy on my part to provoke an emotional response because that was/is my M.O. why click on the thread then?

The title intruiged me, and I did not initially see that you were the author.

I only thought the Jw's can read peoples thoughts and hearts.

Nope, I can't claim that, but I have read your posts in the past, and they do come across with a certain anti-Christian "flavor". If you wish to deny this, however, that is your perrogative.

Believe it or not I do want to hear from the other side.

Google is your friend. :-)

You can access the John MacArthur sermon on iTunes through the Grace To You Pulpit Podcast. The title of the sermon is Why Jesus Blessed the Little Children.

I am not sure how Burns would respond to Augustine, Calvin or the Westminster Standards (though he is Catholic, and would not hold Calvin or the Westminster Standards in high regard). My response is that if these three speak on this topic they do so without any Scriptural grounding.

Happy new year!

• Chalam
    Chalam
    I have heard many testimonies of those who have seen their own infants and even the unborn in heaven.

whereamiStephen, really? Can you please, if you don't mind, eloborate on this. Sounds interesting. No scary actually.

I just did a quick google search, this came up http://net-burst.net/hope/baby_in_heaven.htm

Had a quick scan, some good testimonies there :)

Happy New Year!

Stephen

• streets76
    streets76

Babies going to hell? Well, ok, sure, if you say so, makes as much sense as any of the rest of the religious mumbojumbo bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit