Why babies go to hell (explanation)

by whereami 38 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

This just doesn't sound correct. Can our religious friends help us understand this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAO98N9pqK8&feature=grec_index

Another view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf-UploVjHA&NR=1

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I have neither the time nor the inclination to watch the video. From my understanding of Scripture, however, there is no clear bible verse that says whether or not babies go to hell or heaven when they die. It appears that Scripture is silent on this, and if Scripture is silent, then we should be also.

• poppers
    poppers

Absolutely disgusting.

• whereami
    whereami

XJW4EVR thanks, I guess. Why even comment if you " neither the time nor the inclination to watch the video."

• tec
    tec

I haven't watched the video either, but I don't believe it anyway. I don't see how a baby can be anointed or choose Christ... but I don't see how a baby can deny Him either. The parents make that decision at first. However, Christ did say that the angels of these little ones always see the face of His Father in heaven. I don't know exactly what that means... but it sounds like a good thing for the children.

Tammy

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I vote the first babies to go are the ones that scream in a restaurant while you are trying to have a nice and quiet night out.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

LOL Botzwana!

All kidding aside, I don't think anyone but the most fundamental orthodox Christians believe that babies go to hell. I think that most Christians would allow for God's grace to provide for a baby that was not of an age to make a choice. Since the scriptures are silent on this, I agree with XJW4EVR that we should remain that way as well.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummmm... no point... or benefit (to anyone)... in watching the video, dear WAI (peace to you!), so I skipped it, as well.

I don't see how a baby can be anointed or choose Christ... but I don't see how a baby can deny Him either.

The first (being anointed/chosen) can occur, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to, dear one!)... and there are many examples. John the Baptist might be the most known. Cyrus was chosen before he was ever conceived. Moses was chosen as a baby (which is why he was hidden in the reeds). Jerermiah. David. There are several others...

The second (denying the Most Holy One of Israel), however, cannot. Even our Lord had to reach an age where he LEARNED to choose the good and reject the bad (Isaiah 7:14-16), so there is time before denying the Most Holy One of Israel even becomes an issue. Unfortunately, however, while the sins of the father are not visited on the son, there are those who... for the sake of something they want... will sell not only their own "soul" but also that of their progeny... even generations down the line. TO Death (NOT to God). Adam did so. That is NOT to say that this occurs with all babies; indeed, the occurrence is rather rare (and not done in some rash heat of the moment type if situation - it is a very conscious and purposeful event. The person making such a "vow" is NOT fooled or deceived but knows exactly what he/she is doing).

Babies die for the same reason that adults to: sickness in the flesh (whether genetic or contracted), the inability/inaction of someone to do something to stop such death if/when something could be done (i.e., insufficient knowledge/time/tools; failure to feed the child... whether it's yours, your neighbors, your enemie's), accident... or at the hands of another human (including an incompetent human - it happens). And the only "hell" they go to (if they indeed go to hell, vs. under the altar of the Most Holy One of Israel) is the World of the Dead (Sheol/Hades)... where they simply sleep and await resurrection.

Death is the lot and a part of the life we, those who reside in the flesh, are currently bound to. Life (in the flesh) isn't certain for anyone... and certainly not right now. Indeed, the certainty right now... is death. We only have the promise of life at a future time. Unfortunately, so many "christian" factions unrealistically play upon this "hope" by attempting to explain what they cannot... rather than asking the Holy Spirit. And so you see what they come up with.

I hope this helps and bid you all peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I think because Babies make anyplace (including Hell).......

a little more Cheery.

• whereami
    whereami

How about addressing the points in the video?

Is it that difficult to watch it?

I asked if the religious here can address these points being made on these videos. Why even comment if you haven't taken a few minutes to watch it?

Is there something you're afraid to see?

Best answers so far are from Botzwana and Darth plaugeis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit