Why babies go to hell (explanation)

by whereami 38 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Its just ridiculous. There's nothing frightening to see, except perhaps that some people believe this. That's why no one is watching the video.

I watched the first video, however, because you seem to want someone who is a believer to do so. But there is nothing in what is presented that says that all or even some babies go to hell. Paying for 'Original Sin' as it were, simply means that everyone dies... since the wages of sin is death. Which makes sense, since none of us who came after Adam and Eve were born in the Garden of Eden. We were born outside of that Garden, and outside the reach of the tree of life.

However, life came to us through Christ... and we may now eat of Him, and have life (spiritual). We still aren't in the Garden of Eden though (which I take to mean the spiritual realm), so physically, we all still die. As do babies. And old men. And teenagers. And mothers. etc, etc.

Babies in hell serves no purpose, serves no love, nor mercy, nor justice. Christ never even condemned those who killed him, but instead asked that they be forgiven - for they knew not what they were doing. He had just been tortured, beaten, scorned, and deserted by those who he loved... and all he asks is that they be forgiven. Can you picture this man throwing a baby into a burning hellfire? Since Christ showed us His Father, as His Father truly is, then if you can't see Christ doing it, then you can't see God doing it.

I don't understand how people read these stories, but don't apply what these things say about Him. Instead, they choose to focus on doctrines and men's teachings that are only interpreted from words that could be taken in many different ways. I mean, I do understand... I think it is fear that keeps them from seeing, mostly. But still...

Tammy

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Babies don't go to hell.

JDW

• darthfader
    darthfader

Since hell doesnt exist.... babies can't go there. But, if you insist that hell exists (by your desire to have us watch that video [which I did - and want that 5 minutes of my life back]) then I would say that once a person is "wise" enough to make spiritual decisions for him/herself, then god will judge that one's eternal soul.

df

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree with the Christians who have posted here

I have neither the time nor the inclination to watch the video.

I have heard many testimonies of those who have seen their own infants and even the unborn in heaven.

If you want scriptural proof then consider the destiny of the (illegitimate) child of David.

2 Samuel 12:23 (New International Version, ©2010)

23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Everyone goes to hell (let's not argue about Enoch OK); even Jesus spent a few days there.

No one IMNSHO goes to hell (I'm talking about the hell of pharisiac and subsequent church tradition).

The idea that babies who die are tormented in hell is accepted as a very real possibility by some of Calvinist leaning. If such babies were not predestined to election, they are of the damned no matter their age or ability to conceptualize; the point being of course, that they "failed to repent and believe".

Cheery thought - no?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I just watched the first video. As I suspected, it was produced by an Atheist (TheAntichristspeaks) posing as a Bible believing Christian pastor. I realized this was a sham when he informed us that Christ died on Calgary. LOL

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

All babies are born innocent and without false egos (indoctrination with false ideologies and paradigms). They have a clean slate and can be Christs (anointed) with the proper teaching, the kind that nurtures the soul and not the ego. Jesus alluded to this when he said you must be like a little child (non-judgmental) to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

In my opinion, the only rational and acceptable explanation for not only what happens to babies when they die, but why some are born with horrible afflictions or deformities, is karma and reincarnation. There may be good or bad tendencies that a child brings into the world through karma (past lives), but that is part of his life mission, which he has agreed to before entering the womb, to either overcome them or refine them. Up until now, the challenge has been to "remember" this. More and more people are being born these days with past life memory and a clearly defined life mission in their minds, to bring peace and unity to the earth, and to shine the Light of the Love of Christ. They are called "Indigo Children".

If souls take billions of years to evolve, it should also take many thousands, if not millions of life experiences. There's no way, if there's a just God of any kind, that there could be an eternal judgment on a person after one lifetime. Even the sometimes wicked God of the Bible "desires ALL to attain to repentance"! To a person who really knows God deep within, he knows that scriptures like these are the ones that ring true and are Divinely inspired.

One should ask themselves, if there is a spirit in man that goes back to God when he dies (Ecclesiastes 12:7), just what does God do with that spirit? If it's just a life energy and not a consciousness, then we would fall into the same category as the animals and all of this would be moot. So what does God do with the spirit? Give it to someone else? Put it in his back pocket? Wait thousands of years to give it another chance, only to let the Devil out so he can kill it permanently? What???

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God is Love, reconcile THAT with Babies "going to hell" and then get back to me.

Perhaps more shocking than the thought that something like that is possible is that someone actualy took the time to make videos about it.

Of course if anyone is so inclined to believe something like that, well...to each their own I guess.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    From my understanding of Scripture, however, there is no clear bible verse that says whether or not babies go to hell or heaven when they die. It appears that Scripture is silent on this, and if Scripture is silent, then we should be also.

XJW4ever is right on this. Scripture is silent on the specifics. Some quote, as in the 1st video above, that "all have sinned." Yet babies cannot sin. They are incapable of moral choices. To go to Hell is a moral choice.

But they are in the mercy of a God that desires "all to be saved."

Do they go to heaven, or some other place? We do not know, but "in my father's house there are many mansions."

God is Love, reconcile THAT with Babies "going to hell" and then get back to me.

Exactly. "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God"

BTS

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

XJW4EVR thanks, I guess. Why even comment if you " neither the time nor the inclination to watch the video."

Why comment? Because I can pretty much determine that if you posted the link, it was an obvious attempt to provoke an emotional response from people. This appears to be your M.O. That is your perogative. I do not, however, need to be sucked into these sorts of emotional rants.

Second, it is clear from Scripture that there is no clear indication whether babies go to heaven or hell, and this needed to be said based on your past posting history.

As an aside I recently heard a podcast by John MacArthur (whom I deeply respect as a bible teacher) on the subject of babies going to heaven, which I thought was pure speculation and eisegesis. If anyone wishes to hear this teaching you can access it through iTunes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit