Restraining order against me from my JW Wife

by karlosranson 38 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Bob, so sorry ....I hope the best for you too!

c

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

If you do nothing else today, print out two copies of the 'Child Custody Packet' - one for yourself and one for your attorney. Read it. Know it. Make marginal notes in your copy (as a former JW, you *know* how to mark up an article~!!)

Outlaw wrote: Does anybody have the WBT$ quote that says "The Law prevents the WBT$ from killing apostates?".. His lawyer would have fun with that..

I found this using the JWN Search Feature:

*w52 11/15 703 - **We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, As being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.*w60 2/1 80 - 17 There may be rare instances where a child is so hardened in its stubbornness that even the rod of correction cannot drive it out. In the days of Israel parents were instructed by Jehovah to take such a rebel to the city fathers and they, in turn, took the incorrigible one out and stoned him to death. There were no juvenile delinquents under such a system. (Deut. 21:18-21) So also today, the New World society of Jehovah's witnesses can not and will not tolerate juvenile delinquency to exist in its midst. So, to avoid a possible death-dealing blow by being disfellowshiped from the congregation,

*w61 10/1 597 - **In ancient theocratic Israel such false prophets were to be tried before witnesses, exposed and stoned to death. (Deut. 13:1-11) Today the true Christian congregation may not enforce such a death penalty for prophets of deception who try to induce disloyalty to God and his kingdom. But the congregation can give them a spiritual smiting or striking with the truth of God's Word, even wounding them sorely at heart and in spirit.

I found the above quote from this 2001 thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/3440/1/The-arrogance-of-the-True-Believer

It's also important to remember that, as 'clarity' alluded above, when the JWs talk about apostacy or badness, it is usually from the reference point of their own closed society. And they suppose that *everyone* who leaves their fold, does so because they want to engage in bad things. They will believe this even if there is no evidence of wrong-doing.

Also, be aware that the JWs themselves will view the above quotes as 'old light' since the info was published more than 20 years ago (in this case, more than 50 years), but the harsh *attitudes* that were put in writing back then still exist in the cong. The words themselves may have softened a bit in recent years but the concept and attitude still strongly exists.

Hope this helps.

-Aude.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

From the official public website. Fear of Satan. Satan controls the world, incuding the judge. If the Judge doesn't see it Jehovah's way and rule in their favour he is manipulated by Satan.

Our Readers Ask

Is the Devil Real?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091001a/article_01.htm

Does anybody have the WBT$ quote that says "The Law prevents the WBT$ from killing apostates?".. His lawyer would have fun with that..

Her lawyer will have fun with that if you bring it up, as that is not the only reason given. Don't go there.

"The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship." WT, 15 Nov, 1952

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Somewhere there is a copy of the brochure the jw's use in these type of cases.

Not sure if it's at freedminds.org or jwfacts.

• karlosranson
    karlosranson

Yea if someone could send me that packet that would be great to [email protected]

• karlosranson
    karlosranson

How ironic now that my kids are trying to be taken from me

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20010822a/article_01.htm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've just sent it to you. You probably should edit your post to remove your email address from a public board, though. Never know who's lurking here.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Two weeks ago i got served my divorce papers at work to be followed up with a restraining order.

That is a routine thing and doesn't mean much, if anything. My former wife did the same thing to me, even though I never even yelled at her, much less threatened her or hit her EVER. My attorney told me it was routine, and he was going to do the same thing. Years later, my former wife and I laughed over dinner about that.

Don't worry about the restraining order, at least. It's no big deal, even though I'm sure you felt insulted and hurt about it. So did I at first.

Farkel

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Also from their official website: Showing that she is not abiding by the advice of her own Church.

Cutting off from the Christian congregation does not involve immediate death, so family ties continue. Thus, a man who is disfellowshipped or who disassociates himself may still live at home with his Christian wife and faithful children. Respect for God's judgments and the congregation's action will move the wife and children to recognize that by his course, he altered the spiritual bond that existed between them. Yet, since his being disfellowshipped does not end their blood ties or marriage relationship, normal family affections and dealings can continue.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19880415/article_01.htm

• karlosranson
    karlosranson

Thanks for all the help. Thats a gmail address that i only use for complaints to people so it's ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit