Things we never told the public.....

by drewcoul 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I thought it would be interesting to discuss the things we believed as JW's, but were kind of embarassed about and didn't tell the public about, since it would make us look ridiculous.........

One thing I can think of is the idea that only JW's will make it through Armageddon. Everyone else would be destroyed. I would never tell anyone that even though we all believed it. It was too embarassing and ridiculous to tell others about. Who in their right mind would believe such non-sense?

Another thing is the celebration of Birthdays, Mother's Day/ Father's Day, and Thanksgiving. These were holidays and celebrations that no reasonable person who wasn't a witness could possibly believe was wrong. I was always pretty good at pointing out flaws in Xmas, Easter, and Halloween, but the others, I had no believable defense for the Witness position.

How about you? What are some of the teachings that you/we believed but wouldn't dare tell others who weren't Witnesses?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I wouldn't tell anyone that we shunned people.

• carvin
    carvin

The belief that all other religions were worshiping Satan weather they know it of not. I have always said that worship is a deliberate act and you can't do it by accident.

Stepping one foot inside another church building is satan worship. Mom and dads days, bdays are worshiping those people. Voting is worship. They all sound pathetic and I was always trying to hide thes from my friends(the ones I wasn't supposed to have).

I love pointing out to JW's who still talk to me, as we pass by a bunch of young children or even if it is only one child, that it is a shame that they will be rejoicing as they pile up those innocent bodies for the birds to feast on.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Field service that tells the truth:

"Good morning. Nice day, isn't it? Did you know that if you don't buy and sell our religious bullshit God will mess you and your children up and all of your eyeballs will fall out of your heads and the birds will peck them to pieces and we will laugh about it as we move into your house and drive your car and throw your carcass into a wheelbarrow while we pet lions and have picnics every single day for eternity?

"Isn't that a WONDERFUL thing to look forward to?"

"No. We will leave now. You don't have to empty that shotgun into us. We will just leave. Have a nice day."

Farkel

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think that i would have found farkel's method easier, cuz the pussyfoot lying caused me stress. 'Course, once you gave them the honest, truthful wt message, you would never need to, or want go back to that person's house, ever again. The householder would never forget that 'good news'.

S

• St George of England
    St George of England

That becoming a JW will have a profound affect on your sex life.......

George

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

you will be kicked out if you save your childs life with a blood transfusion

• caliber
    caliber

If you join us , after a wonderful 'honeymoon period "of say 2 or 3 years , every aspect of your life will be micro managed !!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Dubby:"Good Morning my name is cantleave I'd like to ask a thought provoking question and would be interested in hearing your response. What would you do if someone came to your door offering you a medicine that gave you the opportunity to live for ever in perfect health?"

Householder:"Well I'd be very sceptical, I would in fact think they were some kind of con merchant and would want to examine the creditionals of the organisation they represented, I would expect to see peer reviewed study's that provided evidence for the claims made and I would check to see if their were contraindications"

Dubby: "Shit man you ask too many f*king questions where's your faith? - I'll have your house when you are destroyed at armageddon!"

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Farkel/Cantleave (peace to you both!)... HIL-AR-I-OUS!! I couldn't stop gaffawing as I read your responses to my husband. Had to keep saying, "Wait! Wait!" and trying to catch my breath! But those were EXACTLY the kinds of "things" I could never get to come out! Utterly embarassed when the "friends" said things tantamount. Utter disbelief and chagrin when the occasional "friend" walked away from a door muttering "Goat!" (Uh, what?? You just walked up to those folks door, unannounced, and knocked, disturbing them, uninvited... and now you hurl insults because they didn't want to hear what you - who the hell are YOU? - had to say?? Seriously??). I wouldn't "work" in FS with certain ones just because of that. And if you paid attention, you knew who they were.

I am utterly embarassed now to admit I was one of them (although I can't/don't deny it). NOT because of my ignorance, but because of their "message." Where is the "christian" love in it? Isn't there. It's... somewhere... over [their] rainbow...

Peace to you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit