Things we never told the public.....

by drewcoul 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zoiks
    zoiks
    i would have to say the one thing id keep hush is the fact that jws only date with the intent of marriage. wtf...??

Finallyfree, I feel your pain. The girl that I had had a crush on since first grade asked me to the senior prom. I was dying inside as I told her, "No, I'm not going to the prom. I'm really not into it. Sorry." But I just couldn't tell her the truth.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The great thing about field service is that it prepared me for my current job. I am a cable bill collector. Think about it the similarities.

• People do not want to see me coming up their sidewalk/pull in front of their house/into their driveway.

• People know what I am there for before I even knock/ring the bell.

• People sometimes hide behind the door and peek out the curtains and think I don't see/hear them.

• People answer the door and sometimes scream and yell obscenities at me or threaten me.

• People want me off their porch/out of their house as quickly as possible because they don't want their neighbors to see me talking to them.

The difference between field service and bill collections for the cable television company is:

• If they see me they know they better either give me money or give me equipment.

• If they hide, are rude, or scream at me, their cable goes off.

• If they get too out of hand, I call the cops, 'cause there are no angels standing invisibly on either side of me covering my sorry a$$.

• I don't have to waste a bunch of time explaining why the hell I am bothering them at 9:30 in the morning, I sure as hell am not a JW.

• Most importantly, and despite the economy, I get paid to do it.

Snakes (Rich

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

snakes, you have a tough job.

the other day, I saw the gas/electric company man visit my customer.

he demanded their $2,000 or so unpaid bill paid promptly.

the customer did not have the money (december).

they were ready to cut the power off!

I was embarassed to witness the situation

• stapler99
    stapler99

The other thing I remember now is whether you are allowed to marry out of the religion. I told people that it was allowed but you were advised not to because it wasn't a good idea.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach because a lot of these things didn't sit well with me. In truth, nobody would join if the religion laid their cards on the table and I am a prime example. Total victim of bait & switch. The real story (or horror) revealed itself over time and it was like peeling the layers of an onion. When I discovered the truth on the internet and all my doubts and suspicions were validated, over 20 years of a sham and waste of time were OVER. I walked away from this nonsense the end of 2000.

• satinka
    satinka

" You are now being love-bombed. That process will end the moment you are baptised...mwaaaaahaaaahaaaa. "

satinka

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

That my father and sometimes my mother beat the hell out of me when they were frustrated by my actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit