• EdenOne
    EdenOne

marked

• Zoos
    Zoos

marked

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They are liars when they claim never to have said these are the words of Jehovah.

There was an article "They will know a Prophet was in their midst", where they said that they back up what they say with the scripture: "this is what Jehovah has said."

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Marked

• pronomono
    pronomono

marked

• Splash
    Splash

hamsterbait - that WT sentiment was recently restated. Note the WT instruction to 'read':

*** w10 7/15 p. 11 par. 18 “What Sort of Persons Ought You to Be!” ***
    "At the same time, Jehovah will honor his faithful servants by making it abundantly clear that they were, indeed, his representatives.—Read Ezekiel 2:5; 33:33."

(Eze 2:5) And as for them, whether they will hear or will refrain—for they are a rebellious house—they will certainly know also that a prophet himself happened to be in the midst of them.

(Eze 33:33) And when it comes true—look! it must come true—they will also have to know that a prophet himself had proved to be in the midst of them.”

Splash

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Marked

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

"The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263)

Righhhtttt.....not dogmatic. Got it. So then it's perfectly okay to voice your disagreement with a WTS teaching. Sorry, what's that? If I voice my disagreement I can be disfellowshipped and shunned by my family for the rest of my life?

dog·mat·ic dôgˈmatik /a djective 1. inclined to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true.

"The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible...[a]nd so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"-February 15, 1981, page 19.

Glad to know THEY can claim that they are not infallible and need to correct views. If THEY say it, it's okay. If anyone else says it, they are eyed with suspicion and risk judicial action.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Wow. Why make prophecies if there is no inspiration? Why bother in the first place? This reminds me of the admission in public court in Australia that Jehovah's Witnesses in field service are not Jehovah's Witnesses. The reporter stated that JWs present in the gallery let out a shocked sigh to hear they were now no longer Witnesses. Of course, they were never Jehovah's Witnesses in the sense of having legal standing. Frankly, I don't know who would constitute Jehovah's Witnesses? The GB.

This bothers me. How do you write paragraph and paragraph, article after article, of detailed Bible prophecy and then claim you are not a prophet. George Orwell and Aldous Huxley illustrated this dangerous group think. Strangers read WTs. They see all the wacko assumptions. The WT clearly prophesies. This is splitting legal hairs. Does a statement that you do not prophecy absolve you when the prophecies are so express? People plan their lives and morals around the content in the WT.

My brain is about to explode. When you know people rely on your prophecies stating that you don't prophecy and you have less inspiration that Paul or Peter........This is essential WT thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit