WT article on ''never have we said Jehovah has said"

by Aussie Oz 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yet Jesus says no one knows the hour. Jesus' statement would dissuade me. These statements aren't made in back rooms in secret. They are proclaimed very publicly. I feel it is important to me to witness what I read/heard/observed in a historical context. Witnesses are most uneducated without training in nuances. The Society encourages black and white thinking. It is not innocent speculation.

The "good news" of the Watchtower is scary. It terrorized me, particularly as a child. The illustrations for children in that orange book were meant to put the fear of the WTBTS in you. It is a human reaction to tremble at the thought of God even as we seek communion with God. Love is not attraction for Witnesses. They seek meek worshippers.

Woe to you Pharisees and scribes! Imagine what the WTBTS faces.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They get around the term false prophet by coming up with an alternate fake meaning for the word prophet.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Like they do in many things, the WT tries to have it both ways.

There are numerous quotes like the ones in this thread where they try to absolve themselves of any responsibility for making false prophecies about the end of the world.

There are also numerous quotes that directly contradict those, quotes that not only imply but state outright that the Watchtower speaks for God.

Which is it? They would have us believe it can be both. It can't, not without cognitive dissonance.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

It can't, not without cognitive dissonance.

What are little boys made of? Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of.

What are little JW boys made of? Tracts and cracks and deafening wax, that's what little JW boys are made of.

What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of.

What are little JW girls made of? Penance and penitence and cognitive dissonance, that's what little JW girls are made of.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"We didn't say 'Simon Says.' Enough said."

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooooo!!!!

Marking for future references!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Lion Cask

That`s CLASSIC

• under the radar
    under the radar

Here's a good one.

The Watch Tower of July 15, 1894, page 226 said:

"We see no reason for changing the figures; nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. We see no reason for changing from our opinion expressed in the View presented in the Watch Tower of Jan. 15, '92." (NOTE: That is 1892, not 1992.)

Just one of many, many times the Society implied that relying on and obeying them is the equivalent of doing that to Jehovah. Presumptuous and arrogant, if not outright blasphemous statements.

Radar

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi there radar,

that's not only a good one but it would be a great one if you could scan and post that.

you know, add some weight to the words. there own literature puts the knife to 'em

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hi there radar,

that's not only a good one but it would be a great one if you could scan and post that.

http://www.towertotruth.net/images/1894%20ZionsWatchTower7-15p226.jpg Here is another scan of the 1993 Awake http://defendingcontending.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/uninspired-awake.jpg N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit