Did the GB become the Pope over JWs in 2010?

by moshe 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

just change to guvernin body on top and just jwb's on the bottom

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now you have really out done yourself Revealer

• Scott77
  • Scott77
  • Scott77
    Scott77

from google image database.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The irony of this statement is magnified when you consider the first paragraph from the same article ....

*** w10 9/15 p. 21 par. 1 "Your Leader Is One, the Christ" ***
    CHRISTENDOM'S churches have human leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern Orthodox churches, and the heads of other religions. Jehovah's Witnesses recognize no human as their leader. They are not disciples or followers of any man.

Of course, the careful wording of "following the lead of" must not imply that those whose lead should be followed are technically leaders.

• heathen
    heathen

They ued to say they are Gods secretary ,wouldn't you fire one that couldn't get the message conveyed correctly ? normally you'd want the one that got it right ,I would think.

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you wannabefree- all a JW has to do is ask themself what will happen to them, if they decide not to follow the GB's dictates. They may not follow a single man, but they do tell JWs they have to follow a group of men, whose majority vote on policy and dogma turns them into single composite person.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If I may moshe ... I know you are aware of this, but I just thought I would clarify ... two-thirds majority vote .... the reason this is in my mind is because I have been reading Crisis of Conscience for the second time and just finished the part about the Governing Body's repeated consideration of changing the rule beginning in 1978 on not allowing a Witness to accept alternative service in lieu of military service, even though the majority of GB members voted to allow alternative service, it did not get 2/3 majority (except briefly on one occasion then after a brief intermission one changed his mind) so thousands of brothers endured lengthy prison sentences until a policy change was made in 1996.

• moshe
    moshe

The GB are sly ones, as they are very careful to avoid any interviews which could expose any contrary opionions they might harbor. I am certain in my mind, that current blood fractions teachings are the result of a compromise between GB members who wanted to keep the staus quo and progressive GB members who wanted to change their blood transfusion dogma to a personal conscience matter.- also the Legal dept no doubt weighted in with their opinions. In the end it was all about money and potential lawsuits that dictated the meat in due season for JWs. Someday I am hoping a wrongful death lawsuit gains access to the minutes of that GB meeting and JWs find out the truth about their human leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit