Did the GB become the Pope over JWs in 2010?

by moshe 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Moshe..

These are the new WBT$ "Quick Build Kingdom Halls"..

Ready to be Shipped out..

They come complete with "New Light"..

http://www.techlib.com/electronics/graphics/outhouse.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Think about it: When was that approximately?

Would definately be in the 90's, and before I left Oct 95'. Was really sickening....prayers, print & praise all about the F&DS and GB.

Think About It

• agonus
    agonus

Triumph of the Poop

"Yais, that's right, de Governing Body is asking de dubs to conserve toilet paper. After all, dey need it for demselves to fill de Study Issues.. WITH THEIR POOP!"

• bohm
    bohm

Think about it: Thanks!

• agonus
    agonus

Hey, Muttley, are you a girl? Triumph wants a bone! I KEED, I KEED!

Actually Muttley, an outhouse is de perfect portable Kingdom Hall! Poop at de proper time, any time!

• agonus
    agonus

Hey, folks, want de latest new poop on de Generation? Give Triumph a minute while he goes to de Kingdom Potty, I'll be right back with it!

• agonus
    agonus

Ah yais, it looks like there are indeed SEVERAL overlapping "generations" in de can, probably all from different brothers!

• agonus
    agonus

Triumph just made, let's see... one, two, THREE new additions to de Governing Body!

• moshe
    moshe

OutLaw, that picture of the new KHs says it all.

-

I wonder if the GB has a poopmobile, too?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have not been active in decades. What are the credentials of the GB? Are they smarter or wiser than mere humans? Their claims are grandiose in the extreme. My experience may be unique but they were much more vicious towards Roman Catholics than other religions. Last night I watched the Xmas service from St Peter's in Rome. Besides the pope, there was a large group of bishops/cardinals well into their 80s. The visual display of a remote, out of control body was evident. Does possession of male genetalia make someone worthy in the eyes of a gender neutral God. Religiosity is frequently an indicator of mental illness. How does one go from bathing, doing laundry, reciting math tables, grocery shopping to being God's only organ?

Sadly, most householders don't know this claim. They believe they are hearing Jesus when Jesus is a very minor figure. What type of person chooses a God of wrath and arbtirary destruction of all to Jesus, a God of love. I am a Democratic activist who doesn't dispute conservatives, esp. teabaggers b/c it a waste of time better spent more productively. With the Witnesses, however, I feel I must bear Witness to the occult, pyramids, many unfulfilled Armageddon predictions and shunning. Part of me is reluctant to use the word cult since it is perjorative. Cult is is.

I am very Protestant in my personality but the Pope is well-trained, including the Nazi Youth. He has subtance. The New York Times is clearly holding him to task for the pedophilia scandals in which he had a direct role and an indirect role. No one cares enough to hold the Governing Body accountable. We don't merit press coverage. Much is covered within my denomination concerning the rights of gays to be priests and bishops. The debate sheds light b/c the Africans who are the most vocal against gays were given a ridiculous dispensation to marry multiple wives despite Jesus' clear statement in Matthew. Let them do without American money for a while and they may change their view.

Roman Catholics openly criticize the Church's response to pedophilia. It is appalling. They aren't excommunicated. Catholic lawyers represent victims with no excommunication. Cardinals and even the Pope apologize to some extent for the controversy. The one safe haven became a den for far worse than thievery. No Catholic ever said pedophilia was scriptural. The culture of celibacy and severe deference to priests encouraged the perps. Questioning without overt action is enough to be disfellowshiped. Absolute deference to a historical Church is wrong but slavish devotion to a group of uneducated brothers at Bethel is encouraged.

God created us as free agents. Questioning is a gift from God. I so much wanted the Witnesses to be right. My soul craved it. So much was already sacricied I wanted them to be true. Casual reading of the Bible without any commentary refuted their major beliefs. It requires no advanced degrees. The Witnesses have no soaring art, a la Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Raphael or music to show God's spirit. I was told when I was baptized a Protestant that God wanted all of me, my creative abilities, my intellect and more. The Witnesses desire blind obedience.

I have fantasies of going door to door to preach to them. More than being sad, it is an embarassment to be a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit