Did the GB become the Pope over JWs in 2010?

by moshe 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

The Governing Body slipped this in the WT for JWs this past year- well, they have given the JWs legal notice as to the vitual power and authority the GB has claimed over their lives. Will JWs bend over and accept another "quantitative easing" up their keester from the old GB geezers of Bethel?

***w109/15p.23par.8"YourLeaderIsOne,theChrist"***

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

The reverse side of the coin, says that if JWs don't follow the GB, then they aren't following Christ. If you are a JW, just substitute the word, Pope, for the words in bold type and see how you feel about that WT claim now.

At least the Catholic church is decent enough to spell out the office of the Pope openly- How does this compare with the influence the GB wields over the JWs in the KH?

"A pope is, in essence, the supreme legislative, executive, and judicial authority in the Roman Catholic Church - there are no "checks and balances" like one may be accustomed to finding in secular governments. Canon 331 describes the office of pope thus:

The office uniquely committed by the Lord to Peter, the first of the Apostles, and to be transmitted to his successors, abides in the Bishop of the Church of Rome. He is head of the College of Bishops, the Vicar of Christ, and the Pastor of the universal Church here on earth. Consequently, by virtue of his office, he has supreme, full, immediate, and universal ordinary power in the Church, and he can always freely exercise this power."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

They did say something similar in 1959:

*** w59 5/1 p. 269 pars. 6-7 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

In the same way Christ, the Head, employs the organization that is his body to carry out his assigned work. His orders reach the whole of the organization on earth through the governing body, and on down through the Branches to the congregations.—1 Cor. 12:12-18; Matt. 24:45-47.

To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

• bohm
    bohm

I have wondered the past couple of weeks if the "new" GB is feeling nostalgic for the "good old days" in the 50s where the organization was a lot more strict and there was the great expansion, and they feel they have to increase the control to get a second wave of expansion, zeal and ultimately "sprirituality".

Perhaps they are even reading old publications to get the right catchphrases, and to justify the obvious calls for control for themselves.

After all, if they are just rephrasing and repeating the statements that led to the past golden age, they dont have to take any real responsibility, or feel they are putting undue emphasize on themselves.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Moshe........Good point that the JW Governing Body makes statements that it is comparable with the Catholic Pope in authority. I can still remember when the GB worship & adoration started escalating. It would have been so easy to put more emphasis on Jesus, since the churches already accused them of not giving Jesus enough emphasis, but they chose to promote themselves instead. Major sticking point in my decline in the org.

Think About It

• bohm
    bohm

Think about it: When was that approximately?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Moshe..

You mis-Spelled the Title of your thread..

"Did the GB become the Pope Poop over JW`s in 2010?"..

I hope that helps..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

more like the "poopola"

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yeah I think so. It is so sad and disgusting. I was just discussing with JWs on the JW news, videos, talks, etc page about how we are supposed to follow Christ, not the FDS. Of course, all of my posts have been deleted and it appears that I, Jada Buchanon have been d/f'd from another JW FB page. Read the comments by these JWs about who they follow. It really is sad.

Fiacre Fred Boudoungou I have been following the discussions going on here, and I must say that Eula you are to be commended. Not only you use the Bible to counsel fellow christians but also you advocated the right attitude for we JW to follow the F&DS. Satan insiduously keeps pushing people (especially we JW) to put their interests/preferences first. We must at all time remember that the serpent flattered the desire of independence (of pleasing oneself first)..and guess what...He succeded! To be frank, many people are jealous of the F&DS. And in this democracy-oriented world even christians are tempted to insist on their right to do things if they think it is their right to do so. Farting is a natural thing to do. What would prevent me from farting in public or in the KH? Love from Jehovah and for our companions. This is what shoud motivate each and every decision of ours.

on Wednesday · Report

• Post Deleted
    12 hours ago
  • Eula Wilder-Mclemore @Jada: You might want to consider Matt 24:45 -47 that's the FDS Jesus has appointed to give us this food at the proper time. These ones are definitely the only group today following Jesus and with the holy spirit able to help us understand scripture. Are you a JW?
    11 hours ago · Report
  • Post Deleted
    11 hours ago
  • Eula Wilder-Mclemore Are you a JW?
    11 hours ago · Report
  • Post Deleted
    11 hours ago
  • Eula Wilder-Mclemore Then, if you were, you know . . .
    11 hours ago · Report
  • Post Deleted
    11 hours ago
  • Eula Wilder-Mclemore Isn't it wonderful that Jehovah allows us CHOICE and free-will. We're allowed to pick and choose what scriptures we want to adhere to even though Jesus plainly stated (Matthew 24: 45) he would appoint the FDS to give us this food. Frankly, I prefer to believe Jesus myself.
    11 hours ago · Report
  • Marc Marcus Wow was Jada deleted?
    @Eula, don't forget about Mat 24:48-51.
    And think about 1 Peter 2:21 21 In fact, to this [course] YOU were called, because even Christ suffered for YOU, leaving YOU a model for YOU to follow his steps closely.
    Have a great day, Marc
  • moshe
    moshe

LMAO, OutLaw-- and you know the GB is concerned about poop- they ration out ONE sheet of toilet paper per poop at the assemblies, don't they?

bohm, as I understand it, this is how the writing dept works- they can recycle all the old WT material they want and even come up with new poop. But if they change any of the old doctrines they have to get the OK from the GB. The Faithful and Discreet Slave, I believe, is going to be mentioned less and less as the driver of the WT's material and the GB will be mentioned more and more as the source of the JWs spirtuality.

• designs
    designs

Vicarius Christi

The Society has one more Chess Move to make it Official. Right now they are like the College of Cardinals or the Presbyterian General Assembly, maybe the 12 apostles of the LDS. Who will step forward as the dominate personality. They always did better recruitment wise with a central figurehead.

Maybe they can convert Benny Hinn or Pat Robertson............

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit