Update on Ali, my daughter

by coffee_black 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Right now she is battling with the long term disability provider that she has through her company. That's a stressfull process all by itself!

Tell me about it and the really sad part of that is she really doesn't need the added stress of having to prove to a third party that she is really sick.

Your daughter is in my prayers

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Prayers to you and your family. Being a nurse I see every day how screwed up the medical field can be. Humans are just humans some good some bad a Doc after your name means NOTHING

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Wishes of strength and love to you and your daughter. Glad you have another Christmas together.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, honey... my children are THE most important things in my life (rivaled only by dear hubby), so I can relate. I am SO glad you and Ali have made it to this point. May JAH bless... and keep you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who's feeling unusually melancholy this evening...

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thank you so much for the update. So sorry for what you have been though. My thoughts are with you. Hope you can have a Merry Christmas with her.

LITS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    They have to test the defibrilator...by stopping her heart under controlled conditions and letting it kick in....literally.

Oh my gosh! My husband has to have his defibulator and pacemaker checked in mid January. I hope they don't have to do that to him!

• Newborn
  • nugget
    nugget

We wish you all the best over the festive season. I am so sorry your family has had to endure such a worrying time. It always seems mad that she has to prove to others how sick she is it would be so much better if there was a patients advocate who could do this for her whilst she is so weak.

Our thought are with you.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks everyone! It has been a nightmare, but we have much to be thankfull for.

Good news... Ali got word last night that Disability will cover her through mid January retroactively. After her next dr's visit and evaluation,there will be more paperwork for the next 5 weeks.

It is very stressfull. I was on the phone with the dr's office on and off for 3 days trying to make sure the paperwork was filed on time. Ali got so stressed with the whole thing that she asked me to take over. The cardiologist is great, but his administrative staff is just awful.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Some wonderful things have happened as well... One of Ali's Neighbors knew Christmas would be tough...so she gave Ali a $100.00 gift cert for herself and $50.00 gift certs, one for each of her 3 children. Ali's jw father has a non jw neighbor who gave him $100. in cash to give to Ali...who he has never met. Ali's jw father has been helping with work around her house, and his wife has been coming in to help clean. He has not been bringing up religion as much... didn't even have anything much to say about the Christmas tree the kids put up. Ali' jw aunt has been bringing meals to the house at least once a week... and actually apologized for the way she treated Ali. Ali's coworkers stocked her frige and cupboards with food. Many good things... and she will have her kids around her for Christmas...

Here in Boston, my 88 year old aunt, who we have almost lost several times...and who is on chemo... will be here for another Christmas. I will have family and friends, and my honey around me.

I've been holding it together...fairly well... until my oldest cousin's husband died last Friday, and I went to the funeral on Wed. It somehow made it real...how close Ali had come...and how serious all of this is...and the flood gates opened... I guess that's a good thing... cleansing in a way.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit