The witnesses got away with covering up another molestation case

by recovering 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• recovering
    recovering

http://www.webpronews.com/jehovahs-witnesses-get-only-partial-dismissal-in-child-molesting-case-2015-04

I find it extremely interesting the comment of one of the posters who is studying with the witnesses.

Frank J Karasienski 3 days ago

Individuals are flawed....

Looking at this article it really makes it look like an organization is hiding the situation. Yes, I am studying to be a witness, but at the same time I am allowed by the faith to have my own opinions. When kids are abused and the parents don't do anything that is the parents not the religion. When an a person in leadership molests someone it is that individuals fault not the belief.

As far as letting sex offenders etc in the halls. Can I ask one simple question?
    What religion out there does background checks on the members of the congregation.

Religion is based on faith.... if you don't believe in one or the other... well believe what you wish.... but why is alright to take a broad brush and say Jehovahs Witnesses as a group.... instead of flawed individuals that are still subject to the regular laws.....

• scary21
    scary21

Wow, that is one crazy JW rant.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere
    The witness comments to that article are so disturbing. Outrageous. They do show their true colors when they get wound up. Someone should forward those comments to the attorneys handling these cases to show the courts just how witnesses think of them.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Yes, I am studying to be a witness, but at the same time I am allowed by the faith to have my own opinions.

LOL... bullshit... he is allowed to express his own opinions as a study, but he will definitely need to conform eventually in order to progress to baptism. Critical thinking & disagreeing with the org after baptism would lead to him being disfellowshipped & shunned. Would love to see the look on his face when that happens!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I don't know specific details for this (or any individual) circumstance, but lawyers for pedophile victims are not saying that a particular religion has failed because it hasn't done background checks on "members" before allowing them into the group. They are saying that the organization was aware of the guilt or accusations against members and withheld that information from other members, so that the organization contributed to the unsafe condition in a very problematic way.

Why is it that Jehovah's Witnesses can see the problem with the Catholic Church knowing about problems with priests, but the same JW's can give their own organization a free pass in similar circumstances?
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Reading some of the responses I see the Dubs are out in force to try and put their own dis-information out there. Seems like when they get challenged their only response then is to call the person an idiot. Some Christian organization.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    This person might be just "studying to be a witness" but they could graduate top of the class for talking out of their ass. Seems the bible study work is getting results after all.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What OTWO said. As far as know, no one is attacking the belief system (as silly as it is) in court. You can be a Pastafarian as far as lawyers are concerned, just don't cover-up pedophilia.

That "study" is creating a straw-man argument.

DD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    As I'm not DA/DF yet. Out of all the witnesses that i mentioned this to i couldn't find one who said " I feel sorry for those victims and I hope they get the help and closure they deserve. I don't think the above person realizes that a few years ago with the threat of been disfellowshipped for slander made the reporting of sex abuse to the authorities almost impossible. I also don't think he/she realizes if they go around voicing this opinion they will very quickly find out what we openly discuss here.
  • freein2004
    freein2004
    And we wonder how people can still be indoctrinated in this day and age! Well there you have it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit