The jws hijacked the 2nd funeral.

by littlebird 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• littlebird
    littlebird

Last week I told you guys about my father in law who passed away. He was NOT a jw. He merely went to meetings with my brother in law to get out of the house and to go have lunch afterwards. ( I confirmed that with my sister in law) I told you all how they were going to have a service at the Hall this past saturday and a military service yesterday.

I did not attend saturdays service, but went yesterday. It was a very honorable service, they shot guns off and a marine chaplain gave a brief talk. Then at the end, it went to hell. A jw elder read the scripture about lazarus, being a sleep and told everyone, "Despite what you just heard, and were taught, **** is not in heaven, he is asleep. One of my sisters in law, totally fell apart, saying "that not true!" There were several gasps and groans during his talk.

I cant believe number 1, that they gave a service at the hall for someone unbaptized and 2, that they gave one at a military service and disrespected the chaplain like that, how f'ng rude!

It's made me, although a christian, not want a religious service when I die, for fear some jw in the family will disrupt and upset the whole thing. Just say your good byes and go eat dinner.

When did the change the rules? You can be unbaptized and have hall services? you can attend a military service, but not a service in a church?

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!1

• cantleave
    cantleave

Littlebird so sorry.

You're right it is so inappropriate and rude.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My grandfather was never a JW yet requested a JW funeral, and got one.

I think it depends on the local body of elders.

I think the elder was extremely rude in this situation. Perhaps a letter to your local newspaper might be in order?

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's made me, although a christian, not want a religious service when I die, for fear some jw in the family will disrupt and upset the whole thing. Just say your good byes and go eat dinner.

Better put it in your will and have an executor enforce at your funeral.

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

whoa! that is disgusting!

where the hell did he get the balls to stand up there and preach at a funeral?

• littlebird
    littlebird

I definately want to get my wishes in writing. My arogant brother in law invited him up to talk. I think it was totally in appropriate.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That was just outright nasty of him!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

No religious people can disrespect a person's family at a funeral more than JW's can. That idiot JW elder didn't have to say anything to offend others. All he had to do was conduct his part. The Marines should have reloaded and shot him.

Think About It

• choosing life
    choosing life

Witnesses think of funerals as as another occasion to recruit, so they will often allow nonmembers a witness funeral. Someone had to give the elder permission to speak at the military funeral. I think I would be unhappy at that person, for allowing it.

I was at a witness funeral once and a lady sitting next to me gasped and said "that's just like an animal" when the elder described the deceased as being asleep. They don't have any regard for others' feelings because they have "the truth" you know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to hear this. I doubt the WTS would have encouraged this talk. Probably just some gung-ho jerk pushed by some JW's to exert their doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit