CO admits from platform that "we were embarassed by 1975."

by watson 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watson
    watson

Said with a smirk/smile/grin. This one IS the most glib I've seen.

Actually, several times "75" came up. Maybe they feel the more they bring it up and make light of it, the more of a non-issue it will become.

• designs
    designs

Ya think

• Think About It
    Think About It

That 1975' bullshit was "the hook" that started many families first contact with the WTS. What a con job.

Think About It

• xjw666
    xjw666

Due to that bollox, I grew up thinking that I would be dead by 21. More than fucking embarrasing - almost as bad as Jim Jones's cult massacre. Except the victims lived on.

• cantleave
    cantleave

almost as bad as Jim Jones's cult massacre. Except the victims lived on......

having given up their homes, jobs and pensions for the society.

• watson
    watson

I think we will be hearing more and more about it as the generation grows older. It has to be made light of.

Ha, ha...we were so zealous then...

Why?? So that the 35 year olds don't feel it's worth a second look. The younger crowd is curious...They see the financial difficulties their parents and grand parents are having and wonder why.

A comment was made on an earlier thread that "we don't see any publications in circulation from the Rutherford era, or the Franz era." The more the younger gen looks into this, the worse it gets.

The "75" debacle becomes more devestating as each new generation of JWs come along.

The CO seemed to really have a defensive stance.

• sabastious
    sabastious

So much time has passed that they can look back on it and laugh, yet they have no idea that it wasn't just a simple mistake... it was a con and it worked with flying colors.

-Sab

• watson
    watson

The damage will go on for generations.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I am 31. I grew up at the tail-end of the Freddie Franz era of literature and idealology. You know, types and anti-types, King of the North being un-masked, and of course, the 1914 Generation. The 1914 Generation is my generation;s (30+) 1975. I was born in 1979, so I had absolutely ZERO knowledge of this, and I didn't even learn about it until after I started looking online. However, the 1914 Generation over-lap thing is a real hard pill to swallow. We see how the older ones are getting ANCIENT, and now WE ourselves are grown-up and have to live in "This System of Things." It really makes my generation think, because we weren't just told, we were PROMISED from the podium, at conventions, by the older ones, that we would NEVER grow old or DIE in this system of things, the New Order / New System would be upon us before we even finished school, and now here we are struggling. I promise you, it has NOT been forgotten. The internet has been a godsend to those questioning, "Why?" and Google is our friend.

- Wing Commander

• villabolo
    villabolo

exjw 666:

Due to that bollox, I grew up thinking that I would be dead by 21. More than fucking embarrasing - almost as bad as Jim Jones's cult massacre. Except the victims lived on.

Sabastious:

So much time has passed that they can look back on it and laugh, yet they have no idea that it wasn't just a simple mistake... it was a con and it worked with flying colors.

That's a good one exjw.

Sab, the organization also takes advantage of the fact that their members have a rapid turnover. I wonder if even 10% of them were in the religion in 1975. Those who still remain are probably sweet little old ladies who could take a job at Dachau and Treblinka without batting an eyelid.

If we could all go back in time.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit