CO admits from platform that "we were embarassed by 1975."

by watson 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Pathetic .... to say the least,I explained the Exodus 1:6 update in summing up the DC this last summer and that did it for me. I have explained and rexplained this to the friends for almost 45 years and knew of all the other dates prior to that. Started in TMS in 1963 and I am still telling my brothers exactly what Jesus said not to say oh lets try this one for a change........... "no one knows the day and hour" requested to step aside and now fadiiiinnnggggaaawwwaaaayyyy

ENOUGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

itsi..........

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The only truth the WTS showed in this particular part of its history is Armageddon sells and attracts people's

attention. The WTS has been selling the soon to come Christs new kingdom in its publications for more than a hundred years,

its has been the cornerstone to it's self marketing agenda.

The WTS is essentially a business that has structured itself as a religion to create a picture of viability.

With that thought in mind is it really all surprising that specific dates pop up from time to time.

The WTS has within itself an insurance policy to cover any proclamations of old light.

The WTS. has also an elements of protection by expelling opposers to their doctrines, hows that for power

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I left shortly after that...

Snoozy

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thank you, Watson. Message received.

• Nathan Natas
  • Ding
    Ding

Why would he talk about 1975 at all?

I would think the WTS would want JWs to forget that debacle.

• Scott77
    Scott77

It looks like the ' WTS went overdrive in '75 then gradually backed own to lower gear. Recent attempt to acceralate through the 'generation gap', has not been successful. We will see.

Scott77

• trillaz
    trillaz

The general deflection that I see is putting the blame, not on the society as a whole, but on "the overzealous"

for the 1975 debacle. As if there was no direction from the society regarding 1975 but rather Witnesses came up

with it on their own and wrongfully made life adjustments of their own accord.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Few JWs, in the years leading up to 1975, seemed to know anything about "Judge" Rutherford's utterances concerning 1925.

As an example, forty years ago in the small town where I started associating with the JWs, they had become such a pest that the local churches all got together and printed an information circular - giving the Witnesses the proverbial "both barrels".

One of the things that this circular dug up was the WTS's repeated failure of prophecy; and it did mention 1925 as being one such case of several.

The "brother" I was "studying" with at that time strenuously assured me that the WTS had never ever, at any timementioned anything about 1925. (Like the local churches were having to invent stuff, in order to smear the JWs!) Furthermore, I think that he sincerely believed this to be the case - so well had the 1925 debacle been covered up by then.

As another poster put it - " when you fail to know your history, you are doomed to repeat it."

Thank God for the Internet!

Bill.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that worthy of noting is the WTS has quite a few skeletons in their closet they don't want the public to know about

let alone their own members. 1925 was one date that I wasn't aware of myself either or aware of C Russell's wacky Pyramidology beliefs

which was used to calculate 1914 , really quite shocking being that it was so closely related to the pagan occult.

Still to this day if you were to do a survey on JWS who know about 1975 and your probably find that well over half of them

wouldn't know anything about that year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit