There is just No Way that happened.... SICK SICK SICK

by letsslatejws 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

There are many times when I'd think did the WBTS they just make that up, so that they could print it within their article or did that happen they for real ! ... Well here is an example within the February 2011 Awake (page 32). I quote:

Learn From the Great Teacher. She explained: “Just last week when

our son Javan, aged 3, saw his pediatrician, she asked

if my husband and I had discussed safety with Javan regarding

private parts of the body. I was so happy to tell

her about the Teacher book, which explains that it would

be wrong for anyone to play with ones’ private parts. The

doctor was very impressed that we had discussed this.”

AS IF !!!! There is no way that a doctor would just randomly ask if they had discussed safety with their son regarding private parts of the body...... If he did, surely there would be some behind the scenes reason for him to be wanting to ask such a question of them !!! .... She then goes on to say:

The mother added: “The way in which these things are

discussed in the book is perfect.” The chapter she was

referring to is entitled “How Jesus Was Protected.” It describes

how Jesus’ heavenly Father protected his Son

from being hurt by wicked King Herod when Jesus was

too young to protect himself. (Matthew 2:7-23) The book

then shows how even young children can be taught to

protect themselves if someone tries to molest them.

When this book first came out I was shocked by its content. I never once discussed any of this chapters contents with my children & most of my JW friends were of the same opinion. The sad thing is that I think any prospective molester within the organisation is unlikely to show any kid this kind of stuff, because they themselves want to remain hidden so as to carry out there depravity...

Your thoughts on this ???

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

So Jehovah made sure that Jesus was protected...but lets 25000 pedophiles go ahead and damage many children in his sole earthly organization. What kind of God is this...oh yeah, he only exists in peoples imagination...

The example further appears to be made up. A doctor would never ask that in relation to a three year old. But then again, the WTBTS is good at making these things up...

• yknot
    yknot

Actually yes that is a normal/standard question for a doctor to ask a parent at that age......

Every annual check-up afterwards it is reinforced as well.

• nelly136
    nelly136

seems like a strange conversation, unless the doctor felt there was some area of concern the parents needed to address regarding the child?

• cantleave
    cantleave

That's a load of made up BS. The writing department are using their perverted imaginations again.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Sorry Ynot, but this time I can't agree. I have two grown kids and never had that question.

• tec
    tec

I have a vague memory of this question being asked, sort of routine in a check-up with my oldest, not with my youngest (different doctors, different places). And there could have been a history or need that prompted the question as well. No reason to think it was made up. Of course, you certainly don't have to be a jw and possess that book, to have taught your children about inappropriate touching.

I read through that book also, but there was stuff I didn't want to teach my kids, so I was very wary about what I read to them, and I didn't let them have it on their own.

Tammy

• yknot
    yknot
    Sorry Ynot, but this time I can't agree. I have two grown kids and never had that question.

I have two growing children and this was broached at both of their 2nd and 3rd annual check-ups....

The reinforcement was mentioned in both of their annual check-ups this year too....

Many states now have this included so it opens up an opportunity for the child to 'tell' if anything inappropriate has happened.....

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Could be some folks just get uncomfortable with the subject matter? My wife and I talked to our kids about it matter-of-factly. We didn't freak them out about it like some parents do but just told them that they'd know when it was time to have sex and it was never, never with an adult unless you're an adult, too. That worked for them. Regardless, turning the discussion into a Bible story is just a little off the wall.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have two growing children and this was broached at both of their 2nd and 3rd annual check-ups....

The reinforcement was mentioned in both of their annual check-ups this year too....

Interesting, I have four children (3 boys - 16,10,7 and 1 girl - 13) and this subject was never broached by any of their doctors...ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit