There is just No Way that happened.... SICK SICK SICK

by letsslatejws 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Well I just txted 3 different LVNs and 2 doctors...... all say it is their clinics policy to bring it up and to reinforce during physical check up.

Apparently it is suggested by my state's department of health.

I have never been offended by it and the way it is broached has been tactful and appropriate (certainly more than I can say about some WT articles regarding sexual stuff)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Must be a new thing. I was never asked this, but my kids are grown.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Apparently it is suggested by my state's department of health.

Well then your state is pretty progressive. I wonder how many states have that mandate? I'm not sure if California does but it seems like Indiana doesn't, that or my kids' doctor was pretty lax.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

No problem with Dr's asking that. I do have a problem with the mother's reply that it's wrong for anyone to play with one's private parts. Yes, let's teach our kids that the parts God made on them are not to be touched....at all. They're naughty, dirty, off-limits. No future problems for a kid with that approach.

• nugget
    nugget

this is not a question asked in the UK for either of my children.

I have not used society literature to broach this topic with my children. I have taught them that when they are old enough to dry themselves after a bath and deal with their personal care that at that point no one should touch their private areas other than themselves or a medical professional with parental permission.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When people make up bullshit stories to support the WTS and its literature they are perceived as being spiritually strong worthy

of praise by their fellow congregates in doing so. The only time a pediatrician would ask this kind of question at a medical examination

is during the examination there were physical signs of abuse or abnormalities.

This is the kind of bullshitting that makes the writers of the WT smile with pride.

Lies created to make the " Truth "

I would guess this is just an attempt to cover over all the allegations of the WT organization harboring pedophiles within their congregations.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Given the pedophilia exposure that's being coming against the WTS, I find this to be of no surprise. Pretty sick nonetheless.

Yiz

• sherah
    sherah

Just co-signing w/Ynot. Some pediatricians and family practitioners ask that question as part of the the routine exam. Maybe it depends on the region and the age of the doctor. Not everyone is comfortable with talking about molestation, doctor included.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is this something they want children reading about? In this anti-sex religion? It's one thing when this discussion happens between a doctor and a patient--usually, one would not expect it spread throughout a whole religion. But, once you place something like that in the littera-trash, the damage is greatly multiplied as everyone (including other children) has to read about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit