Circuit Assembly Cancelled - AGAIN

by St George of England 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know of a local foreign-language cong. that has people from 4 counties driving in. They cancel local meetings on the suggestion of a snowstorm- very reasonable. But unlike your CA, once a weekly meeting is cancelled, there's no making it up. WOO HOO for them.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Haysbridge.....memories, worked there on the site for over a year, husband used to drive in after early morning cleaning to work there all day and then drive back home to work again on the evening, plus meetings and being a pioneer and elder and dad to two little ones. We must have been mad.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

one word...

LAWYERS

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Desi:

'They began with debit/credit card use for donations2 or 3 years ago here in Austria (at the DC)'

Likewise here in the States. However, it was a....... 'by the way we now accept ......' sort of way, subtle.

Apparently not enough were reponding so the GB decided to 'increase the volume' so to speak. To where I was shocked at their agressive approach at this recent 2 day assembly.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice--I hope they all get cancelled. Too bad those idiots don't cancel things around here unless it's absolutely necessary, and then they are grudging. They feel that, if people can go to the mall, they can go to the Kingdumb Hell.

• dissed
    dissed

Back in my day........

We drove for over an hour, from WT Farms, on a snowy night, only to find out the meeting was cancelled and no one told us. Rather than rejoice, and head back to share a few beers, someone, who we all hated very much, suggested we should do the meetings, TMS and SM. So by ourselves, unprepared, we did.

Times have a changed. As Oz mentioned, the attorney's have probably had a say in that.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hayes Bridge is in the middle of nowhere and the roads around it are terrible, so it doesn't surprise me that it is affected by a sprinkling of snow.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heh, heh...

"Jehovah" may want you to attend the assembly, but Oya - the Goddess of storms - has something else in mind...

zid...tee hee hee! Oya has been strong here in Ontario, Canada so far this winter. Maybe she's trying to tell us to chill out.

• dozy
    dozy

My old meeting was cancelled a few weeks ago after about an inch of snow dropped. My wife appreciated the day off and the kids thought Christmas had come early. We met most of the congregation at the shops later on.

It really is quite bizarre to cancel meetings on such flimsy grounds and another sign that the commitment of the JWs is flagging fast. When I was a child I remember going to the meetings in 10 foot snowdrifts. Compare & contrast this reference from the sixties...

w62 12/1p.735 Courage Through Faith and Hope in Jehovah

But for your personal Bible study to be truly fruitful you must take advantage of the means Jehovah God has provided for your understanding his Word and applying it in our day. Those means consist primarily of five weekly congregational meetings. Do not let any such obstacles as inclement weather interfere with your attending these and gaining the faith-strengthening and hope-inspiring spiritual food to be had at them

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Hays Bridge and impressive CAH built on what was a former Young Offenders Institute and built with virtually voluntary labour about 25 years ago and the place of my baptism and a facility that serves a huge catchment area of congregations through out London and the Southeast, an aesthetically impressive CAH with excellent acoustics and at it's inception offered an impressive catering facility shame it was made redundant when they simplified the food arrangement, there is no where near enough parking and it is miles form any where so you are stuck there for the whole day, far fonder memories were had at the old Dorking Assembly Hall it's predecessor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit