Circuit Assembly Cancelled - AGAIN

by St George of England 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

It should have been our CA tomorrow and Sunday but it has been cancelled because of the weather. We had a light sprinkling of snow today but it has frozen and the roads around Hayes Bridge are treacherous.

The CA two weeks ago was cancelled for the same reason and some of those congregations were scheduled to join us this weekend.

Guess I will just have to have a lie in this weekend!

George

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe!!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Wow - times have sure changed. Years ago, in our neck of the woods, no rain/sleet/snow/earthquake or whatever would give reason to cancel the ALL IMPORTANT MEETING...you would drag yourself there no matter the cost....are the head honchos of WT land finally seeing reason???

There is progress! I guess the sense of urgency is waning...they must be taking a relaxed attitude to the importance of meetings

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

St George of England:

When and If you attend; I'd be interested to know at the assembly hall you visit, if they are pushing debit/credit card use for donations also. If you can (wouldn't want to put you in a compromising situation) take a pic or two.

Thank You

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

@JW GoneBad

They begann with debit/credit card use for donations2 or 3 years ago here in Austria (at the DC)

Desi

• AGuest
    AGuest
    are the head honchos of WT land finally seeing reason???

If "reason" is related to reduced liability, perhaps they are, dear MJNM (peace to you!). Just like the host who sends a guest away drunk, if the WTBTS compels (as proven to a jury) someone to attend a meeting... and that someone gets into an accident, an injured party might be able to go after them, as well.

"Jehovah" can't protect the WTBTS from "Caesar", dear one, especially if the WTBTS is liable.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heh, heh...

"Jehovah" may want you to attend the assembly, but Oya - the Goddess of storms - has something else in mind...

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

AGuest - Very sad, that I personally know of a sister killed on the way to a meeting on a snowy night...probably not an isolated case...

It sure seems to take them a long time to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4 and then make adjustments...usually money has to be involved (liability) SAD SAD SAD...

• Quando
    Quando

Our Sunday meeting was canceled and it was pretty bad out, but what surprised me was they canceled our Thursday meeting due to a forecast??

Last year we had bad days and the rule of thumb is if you live in the city come, but if you don't then don't worry about it.

I was just surprised at the Thurs. cancellation, nothing was happening! The storm came in at midnight.

My hubby said "The elders are finally starting to play the game" We have some young elders locked into "Hotel California"

• sd-7
    sd-7

You know, when we had a blizzard in my area early this year, it managed to delay my judicial committee, as I recall, for a couple of weeks. I don't think the snow had fully melted before they wanted to get the interrogations over with. They can only make time for you when you've done something wrong, after all...then you become first priority.

But enjoy your break, dude! I only hope the sense of sickening dread that means the torturous program is still yet ahead isn't a problem for you, as it was for me.

-sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit