Research...

by Charlotte2010 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Charlotte2010
    Charlotte2010

Hello all,

I'm looking for someone to help with some research. I need to find out about the culture and beliefs of JW's. It must be from a genuine JW, not hear say from someone who 'knows' about the faith or has previously been a JW, I need to hear the view as a positive.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful if you could get in touch. Ideally I'm looking for someone who has children of their own.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

How would former JW not be one who was a genuine JW? And why would you not want first-hand knowledge from one who spent decades in the org? That is like a car dealer telling his customer to only inquire about him on an approved list of customers that he gives them- and not to contact any of his former customers not on the list. I doubt your honesty here.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

That is a strange request considering this is an Apostate exJW site...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Hello Charlotte,

At this website you will mostly find exJW's, JW's who do not want to be JW's but remain for the sake of family, or JW's who no longer believe everything about the organization ... those who are here that are active JW's and claim to still be complete believers are actually not good JW's as far as the organization is concerned because they are being very disobedient by taking part in anything at this website.

You might try calling your local Kingdom Hall.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"genuine JW's" are forbidden to write works in The WTS IIRC only 2 essays have ever been released and that was over 50 years ago by WT director Macmillan and another active Dub named Marley Cole whose essay was called New World Society both works came out in the 1950's. Even the crazy writings of Firpo Carr were rejected by the WTS and he found himself disfellowshipped because of his research.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Charlotte, not looking for honesty then?

• bohm
    bohm

Welcome, Charlotte!

I am not a JW but i am studying with one, and i have a fairly good overview of their beliefs. What do you want to know?

• Charlotte2010
    Charlotte2010

Oh sorry, I've misunderstood the website. Sorry for any offence made, it wasn't intentional.

isaacaustin Please don't doubt my honesty, I am not a trouble maker of any sort. Merely a student who made an error. The reason I ask for a current JW was that my understanding would be that someone who has chosen to leave would be someone who possibly has life more similar to me - the purpose of my research is that it be a culture/belief very different to my own, hence chosing to research JW as from the outset many of the traditions are different to my own.

Thank you for your comments, I will try somewhere else,

All the best,

Charlotte

• Charlotte2010
    Charlotte2010

cantleave

Weirdly, it's not so much about honesty. Just need to see the view of someone who lives and believes it.

:)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

www.jwfacts.com

Get the facts without the bullshit. Learn the Truthâ„¢ about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit