March kool-aid edition available ...

by wannabefree 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Page 11 paragraph 21:

"The faithful and discreet slave" has helped us to have time for personal and family study by arranging for a Family Worship evening each week. (Matt. 24:45)

WOW! Talk about chutzpah! They are the ones that took that time away in the first place - in addition to all the other time they take.

• unshackled
    unshackled
    What a load of goat shit !! the borg are trying to say and build up the door bashing work as a public service when we nobody wants them to call anyway in the UK. This is pure bull and they do nothing for the public service ever...

No kidding. JWs truly believe they are respected by the "worldlies" and are seen as a special group, almost looked up to. That was the impression I had when in.

When I started to fade away, I remember asking a "wordly" friend who was well-connected in the city what people really thought of JWs and their knocking. He said most people are basically annoyed with JWs...and most don't hold them in high respect at all. That was "hmm" moment for me.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    No no you got it all wrong. I don't think it is delayed... I think you lied to us

Really!

Pass the buck eh?

Governing Body: No, no, you can't blame us! After all, we're just the mediator between Jesus and the other sheep! if you are growing impatient, it's God who you think is delaying, but don't think that, that is bad of you!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

w5010/1pp.355-356par.23“DroopNotYourHands”

You are engaged in a constructive work for the new world, which is now at the portals. This upbuilding work is the service to which the new world’s Creator has assigned us. You are pioneers of the New World! Always let ring in your ears the divine encouragement, “Fear not!” and, “Droop not your hands!” And oh! what constructive implements the heavenly Father has put into our hands, especially since the 1950 Theocratic assembly at New York! These implements were meant for work, for our use to the full. The field of action to which we go forth, and the future stretching ahead of us till Armageddon, are not the place and time for us to slack our hands, either through laziness or through fear. Know for certain: the time is short! Lift up your hands and put them to work with a will. Only if we fulfill the work for which God has gathered us will he grant us a share in the fulfillment of his precious promise: “At that time will I bring you in, and at that time will I gather you; for I will make you a name and a praise among all the peoples of the earth, when I bring back your captivity before your eyes, saith Jehovah.”—Zeph. 3:20,

AS.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

w5010/1pp.355-356par.23“DroopNotYourHands”

You are engaged in a constructive work for the new world, which is now at the portals. This upbuilding work is the service to which the new world’s Creator has assigned us. You are pioneers of the New World! Always let ring in your ears the divine encouragement, “Fear not!” and, “Droop not your hands!” And oh! what constructive implements the heavenly Father has put into our hands, especially since the 1950 Theocratic assembly at New York! These implements were meant for work, for our use to the full. The field of action to which we go forth, and the future stretching ahead of us till Armageddon, are not the place and time for us to slack our hands, either through laziness or through fear. Know for certain: the time is short! Lift up your hands and put them to work with a will. Only if we fulfill the work for which God has gathered us will he grant us a share in the fulfillment of his precious promise: “At that time will I bring you in, and at that time will I gather you; for I will make you a name and a praise among all the peoples of the earth, when I bring back your captivity before your eyes, saith Jehovah.”—Zeph. 3:20,

AS.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Governing Body: No, no, you can't blame us! After all, we're just the mediator between Jesus and the other sheep! if you are growing impatient, it's God who you think is delaying, but don't think that, that is bad of you!

If the GB ever are tried for their crimes they will most certainly take the "don't shoot the messanger" line. Then after that foolishness they would be stiffly sentenced.

-Sab

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Nice find zeroday

not the place and time for us to slack our hands, either through laziness or through fear. Know for certain: the time is short!

60 years later and the sheep are losing a sense of urgency ... go figure ... what a shame, the end must be real close now.

The article should be "You HAVE Deceived Yourselves with Our False Reasonings"

• bennyk
    bennyk
    No, we should not be overly concerned that this wicked system may have lasted longer than we expected.

Perhaps we should be very concerned that the "wicked system" has lasted a great deal longer than the supposedly "spirit-directed" Watch Tower Society prophesied it would...

Now is certainly not the time to allow false reasoning to deceive us into thinking that Jehovah's day has been postponed.

We could only reason that "Jehovah's day" has been postponed if we believed the Society's prognostications.

Rather, it is the time to make our hearts firm, for Jehovah's day has drawn close.

Yes; according to the Society, deliverance is always at hand: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/118225/1/Continually-pounding-the-Deliverance-at-Hand-drum

• unshackled
    unshackled
    And just because a guy has a car that looks like it was in the original Miami Vice and slings his jacket over his shoulder, he's materialistic?

Apparently the bad guys always sling their jacket over their shoulder (p.13). Beware of the jacket sling! He is clearly "puffed up with pride"...

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

it is the time to make our hearts firm, for Jehovah's day has drawn close.

My 95 year old grandmother (who surely is at the end of her life) - was born and raised in the TROOF. She has spent the last 34,675 days believing and living by those very words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit