March kool-aid edition available ...

by wannabefree 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

March "Study" edition is available for download at jw(dot)org

First article "Do Not Deceive Yourselves With False Reasonings" ... does a good job at blaming the individual Witness for losing a sense of urgency ... surely the organization has no culpability for this.

The Bible also warns about the danger of ‘deceiving ourselves with false reasoning.'-Jas.1:22.

A wrong view of the timing of the divine purpose could lead us to lose sightof the importance of our spiritual activities and become sidetracked with personal interests.

(Zech. 4:6, 7) Can this example help us avoid reaching wrong conclusions about Jehovah's day?-1 Cor.10:11

In view of what some might consider a delay, a Christian could lose his sense of urgency and instead give priority to a comfortable lifestyle. Could you see that happening to you? If we followed this line of reasoning, we would be deceiving ourselves.

We could ask ourselves, ‘Should it surprise me that this wicked system of things has lasted longer than I expected?'

Why the repeated warnings? Such reminders are needed when as a result of waiting over what seems to be an extended period, people are at risk of losing their sense of urgency.

No, we should not be overly concerned that this wicked system may have lasted longer than we expected. We should not deceive ourselves by falsely reasoning that ‘Jehovah's time has not come.' Such thinking would dull our desire to preach the good news of the Kingdom. -Rom.12:11.

we might tell ourselves, ‘Jehovah's day is undoubtedly coming-but not immediately.' Such a shift in expectations could lead to a relaxed approach toward our theocratic activities. In time, we could begin to neglect our spiritual routine. Jehovah's day could then catch us unawares.-2 Pet.3:10.

Now is certainly not the time to allow false reasoning to deceive us into thinking that Jehovah's day has been postponed. Rather, it is the time to make our hearts firm, for Jehovah's day has drawn close.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Page 11 paragraph 21

"The faithful and discreet slave" has
    helped us to have time for personal and
    family study by arranging for a Family
    Worship evening each week. (Matt. 24:45)

Notice the capitalization of Family Worship ... a formal meeting arranged for each family to have in their own home, what a nice provision, maybe they could arrange weekly husband and wife Spousal Relations Evening to keep regularity in the homes ... ah yes

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

What amazes me is that in the Jan 2011 km, the Family Worship evening is recommended for the whole evening, not just for an hour.

Also the GB is concerned that the rank and file will slow down the preaching work because the end that is always just around the corner has not came. And rightfully so with the crazy new generation explaination.

• sir82
    sir82
    No, we should not be overly concerned that this wicked system may have lasted longer than we expected.

This sentence seems to imply that it is OK to be "moderately" concerned about the failure of Armageddon to come on the Watchtower's time table.

Seems rather odd - the WTS is usually quite careful with its word choice.

A freudian slip by the writing committee?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Gotta love that illustration on page 10. I made some adjustments...

(any tips on embedding the image directly in the comment box? thanks)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Pgs 15,16 paragraphs 14-16

Examples worthy of imitation ... families who have been able to cut back on secular work and preach more ... why can't you ?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

unshackled: nice job on the illustration.

I hate how everyone who isn't a Witness is portrayed as lost, hopeless, selfish, immoral, not worthy ... makes me angry.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    maybe they could arrange weekly husband and wife Spousal Relations Evening to keep regularity in the homes ... ah yes

That, as I have explained at some length (pun very much intended), is referred to as Adult Family Worship night. Thankfully, the 'faithful slave' has already provided detailed guidelines for how that should proceed if or when it becomes necessary.

-sd-7

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

What timely information! When C.O.'s visit congregations and find a large number of people depressed and discouraged, pass this on to HQ, then articles are written about it, is it any wonder there are comments like this? ....

page 16, paragraph 19

You have likely heard a brother or a sister
    say: "This article is just what I needed. It was
    written just for me!"

• unshackled
    unshackled

Thanks wannabefree. That image is so ironic...someone's a puppet alright.

Notice they put some MMA action in that pic. Wonder if anything specifically has been written against it? I recall, at least in the 80s, my elder father watching boxing. Pretty much same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit