My oh my, Miss USA 2010 is fine! Oh, by the way, do beauty pageants set women back?

by miseryloveselders 31 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

She's so fine its a sin, she's my sinsation. I didn't know they were still doing these beauty pageants. I've never found these pageant contestants all that attractive, as I prefer a round the way girl myself. Plus I like a woman with an appetite. However, this gal is something else. She's stellar.

These contests should have went the way of the dinosaur, or brick phones. 2010 is wrapping up, and Hillarly Clinton is the Secretary of State, Angela Merkel is the current German Chancellor, Oprah is loaded, Mariah Carey is the head of her household, Sarah Palin is well, Sarah Palin. Women have come a long way, and I'm happy for them. Considering the thread on women and head coverings, I wish success and happiness for all the JWN women. I realize, not all women can be painted with the same brush, at least in most respects, but what do you think of beauty contests, or these Miss USA pageants? Are they appropriate for this day and age? Are these contests demeaning?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

No offence but this thread is worthless without pics !!!

;)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

No offence but this thread is worthless without pics !!!

;)

I purposely neglected posting any pics of her. I'm all for some eye candy, but I don't want to turn any women away from this thread. I want to hear their thoughts on this. She is fine by the way. Bad woman.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

http://www.mixxbuzzers.com/5139/miss-usa-2010-winner-miss-michigan-2010-rima-fakih/

This was back in MAY. Is that who you mean?

Isn't it a bit of redundancy to say "Miss USA 2010 is fine!" ? I mean, it's pretty much a given that she would be fine to win. But I agree.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I see, I can respect that.

As for beauty pagents setting women back, well...I personally don't like them but it really is up to the individual.

I think that the whole talent part and asking them questions is rather silly ( they still do that right?).

• snowbird
    snowbird

Rima Fakih.

She is a beauty.

Beauty contests demeaning?

Nope.

Syl

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

OTWO, I just typed the first thing I thought after seeing her today for the first time. She is something. So she's been the crowned winner since May? Wow, where have I been?

PSAC, I guess they still ask those questions. It is all rather silly. That's partly what I mean too, in 2010 shouldn't we be past this kind of stuff? Beauty pageants as we enter 2011? I just wonder if we should be better than this.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Google Crystle Stewart and Shauntay Hinton.

You knew I would go there, didn't you?

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wow, she is quite stunning.

But I profess a weakness for dark haired women :)

I have no issues with a contest of physical beauty, just as I have no issues with a contest of physical prowess or physical development, but lets not try to make it something it isn't by adding "talent" and "intellectual questions".

• snowbird
    snowbird

To be both stunningly beautiful and devastatingly smart is an awesome thing.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit