ive been to hospital and had a biopsy taken from a lump in my breast today

by looloo 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

i was expecting to just get examined then told it was nothing to worry about but i also had a mamogram , then scan . the lump i was worried about was ok but the scanner found one behind it that she was not sure about , she took a biopsy from it after i had a local anesthetic and sent me back to the doctor who told me i would now have to wait a week for those results ! when i had arrived i was told i would be told today if everything is ok ! now im worried as i have a 6 year old who often says to me "mummy i never want you to die , even if you are old !" have any of you had this experiance or know anybody who had a good outcome and even had breast cancer but survived it ? i am 42 and had never checked for lumps until 3 weeks ago , so ladies and gents get checking yourselves !

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I hope the news will be good. How awful to have to wait a week to hear whether the news is good or bad. My family has a high cancer risk so I get scanned every year.

• St George of England
    St George of England

My wife had the same problem 19 years ago. The lump was beneign and is still there but has never given any problems. She still gets mamograms, in fact here in the UK they are being extended to older women as are CST's. The worst bit was the wait for the results.

All the best.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thinking of you.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

OH dear...I hope it's nothing serious looloo.

I still stand by my opinion that if men had to have their testicles squished in a machine that made them into little flapjacks some other device would have been invented long ago to make screening less of a trial and more effective. But since mammograms are the only thing we have, it's a necessary evil for now.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hoping for a favorable outcome.

Syl

• looloo
    looloo

lol, thats funny , i had never had a mamogram before , it was nasty , she said it was because i still had firm breasts and it wont hurt so much when i get oplder because they will be saggy !!!!

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm sending warm thoughts your way! Any health scare is doubly scary for a parent of small children.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My post from the dup topic cuz no one else is posting over there and I got lonely :

I hope it's nothing.

Geez, I have to make another breast flattening appointment.

• looloo
    looloo

thanks mrs jones ,its not nice having the squished is it ? thanks everyone for your kind words x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit