Latest Special Talk in Australia

by jwfacts 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Realistically, looking back to my active days as a JW - I believe that only about 20% of them (perhaps less) actually went door-to-door on a regular basis.

I knew ELDERS who were notorious for never going out in regular door-to-door service.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The kids were excited and couldn't wait to go in field service. The kids also were excited that on Sunday, they would be hosting a prominent brother and his wife for hospitality, and couldn't wait to hear the stories this pioneer couple would share with them from preaching in foreign lands.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The GB is aware that alot of JW's are leaving the WTS. It is making their "reports" look bad. They have always pushed FS and being "active", so this could just be a bluff to scare irregular & inactive ones into "reporting time." That scare tactic would help hide the vast number of those leaving. Not to mention it would probably help bring in more money as these ones would probably make a contribution for the literature they order to place in FS. The WTS GB do live in an ivory Watchtower, but they would be stupid to enforce mandatory FS & meeting attendance. Hell, knowing what I know now.....if I was an inactive JW and still wanted some kind of affiliation with them, I'd just report fake time.

Think About It

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

While I acknowledged the possibility, this is still speculatory. Nothing stated at this assembly is different from past statements- that a JW is not a real JW if they don't preach. The only difference is how the comment is being taken- but nothing corroberating that this will now mean inactive ones are not JW's- as is df instead of just real JWs- has been put forth. That is called speculation- possible but not established.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Just a bit more on the watchtower citation that blondie provided. This kind of comment can often be a result of an issue that caused problems. About this same time if memory serves a change was made regarding publishers record cards. It used to be that after six months the person became inactive and the card was removed from the files. That changed to a procedure where the cards of inactive ones stayed in the files, just moved to the inactive section at the back.

and was I am sure the result of new light or tacking in the wind.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Interesting point about inactive files there. I wonder how often, if ever, those files are even looked at. I also wonder whether my family's files would be noticed if they went missing.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Those files are looked at and updated with the persons activity every month.

• blondie
    blondie

Once a secretary took the inactive, and DA and DF cards out of the box. Now you know that the CO knows that it is impossible for there not to be at least one inactive publisher, or one df'd, so he noticed. The secretary wanted the congregation...that is himself...to look good. So in general the CO looks for those cards. I have seen where the person died and the card was still in there....I "helped" the brother posting the time.

Many COs actually make visits on inactive jws...making an appointment. We have had that done.

• therevealer
    therevealer

yes I agree Blondie, but there also was an actual society change of policy. Formerly cards were removed, now not removed.

And yes even those that croak remain. Only removed if move to another congo.

edit to add - you helped post time - Yikes!! - ferbotten.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see where in the Bible does it say that field circus is the new tithing. Remember, they claim to abide by the Bible--so they can and should be held to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit