Worldwide Service Report for 2010 / Yearbook 2011

by Designer Stubble 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

7.508.050 peak.

Now, I wonder how many of these are genuine reports put in the box by people that are sincerely interested in the truth, and in advancing it. As for the pio-sneers, I wonder how many are actually doing it because they want to do all they can to spread the cancer throughout the world and sincerely believe they are doing God's work.

On the other hand, I wonder how many of these are doing it because they have been programmed to not be successful outside the cancer. These include people that work for witlesses and will lose their livelihoods (and can't get another job because of the religion) if they quit turning in these slips. It also includes children that are forced to turn in field circus slips, including those in their 20s, 30s, and beyond living with their parents because the religion prevented them from getting enough money to make it on their own. And those outright fake time slips--I wonder how many of those slips represent fake times turned in to avoid getting hounded or cut off from their families.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The total hours cannot be accurate for field service. Head of house is allowed to claim 4 hrs/month with children living in the house. Throws off the whole thing. Also, this number is greatly fudged from many members of the jw's.

• Wokl
    Wokl

I was always amazed by such a counting, that: BAPTISED - INCREASED PUBLISHERS = LEAVERS!

I've seen it on so many site and forums, that I can't understand, what's the purpose. It's not taken into consideration, that there's also a big figure of people, who DIED. It's quite difficult to assume, what that figure actually is and how it changes.

Unfortunately, report in my KM is not in English (as I've said), and even not in world's language. It's very rare language, so I don't think, that there can be any benefit from it.

New Zealand: av. pub. 13 692; increase 2%; baptised 368; auxiliary pioneers 512; pioneers 980; congregations 182; hours 2 440 926; bible study 7 799; memory attendance 26 952.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The monkey lurks, but the monkey cares little of internet blathering...

Still, there is a hunger...

• Scott77
    Scott77

New Zealand: av. pub. 13 692; increase 2%; baptised 368; auxiliary pioneers 512; pioneers 980; congregations 182; hours 2 440 926; bible study 7 799; memory attendance 26 952.

Wokl

Interesting figures from New Zealand. Look like those elderly folks are busy working but have not yet visited steve2 at his abode of residence. Either they are afraid to visit him or they lcruise around the area but not knocking on people's doors.

Scott77

• steve2
    steve2

Interesting figures from New Zealand. Look like those elderly folks are busy working but have not yet visited
    steve2

at his abode of residence. Either they are afraid to visit him or they lcruise around the area but not knocking on people's doors.
    Scott77

Hmm. JWs always walk very slowly when they're door knocking...very, very slowly, more like a cross between a shuffle and a saunter.

I hear that most of the year's increase is from immigrant populations living in our biggest city Auckland. If correct, it means that the JWs chief attraction nowadays is with peoples from third world countries whilst the host country's population is kind of apathetic to the now-tired and dreary JW message. I'll compare the figures for New Zealand with previous years when I get the chance.

• teel
    teel
    I was talking with my wife the other day thinking if all of us on these boards went to the memorial and partook....

Unfortunately the elders have the last say in who gets counted and who doesn't - so much for the Bible verse "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children" ( Romans 8:16 )

Wokl: you are perfectly right; for the purpose of statistics, I think we can take the average 1% death. So per alanv's calculations ("6.5% increase in baptisms and only 2.5% in average publishers") that means we should have 5.5% increase in publishers (6.5% baptism - 1% deaths), which still leaves us with 3% leavers, which is an extremely high figure by my oppinion (I mean taking the cult as a legitimate religion, because in fact an acceptable figure would be 100%).

• wobble
    wobble

You have to remember when looking at these figures that many of the ones who got baptised may have been counted as a publisher,though un-baptised, in previous years.

The only way to get a picture of what is really happening is to take a ten-year view. I did a rough calculation over ten years last year,and allowing for a death rate of 1.5%,high I know compared with the normal population,but JW's have a high percentage of old farts, I came up with a figure of 70,000 a year leaving, or 1,400 a week.

I don't know if someone may think this is wrong, but if it is close,that is a hell of a lot of people who have practised the religion, O.K some get DF'd for immorality,but there still is a huge number who walk away because they are no longer duped.

A huge number that the WT does not acknowledge the existence of, or ever refer to, because the reason they are leaving is that things are badly wrong with the WT,not these people themselves, and the WT can say nothing against them, except hint at the old canard of apostasy.

• Wokl
    Wokl

teel, Why 1%? That would mean, that average life interval after baprism is 100 years. It's impossible, cause: 100+average baptism age (take 30)), that would result in 130 years for life expectancy, insted of real 50-60.

So death rate would be say 2.5%. And so 1.5% leave rate (don't forget, that it include not only disfellowshiped, but also inactuve)...

• Weana
    Weana

U.S.A.: publishers average 1,115,786

G.B: publishers average 129,230

Germany: publishers average 162,611

Brasil: publishers average 706,699

Australia: publishers average 63,951

Of the larger countries, there is slight decrease (minus 0 point ... %) in average number of publishers only in Germany and Poland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit