JW's Came to the Door

by pr0ner 62 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Botzwana:

YES.....As Issac used to say with much glee....ENJOY YOUR TIME AT JEHOVAHSWITNESS.NET!!!!

LOL! It's so funny now but it irritated me at the time.

My reply: LOL, and I am sorry if I did bug you back then. For what it is worth you did get under my skin too! LOL All is good though.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ding - you NAILED it!!!

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

lolz gotta love the troll squad.

Anyways thanks you guys. I've noticed the best tact to take with JW's at the door is to never give away too much that you know about them or were associated with them. They tend to stick around longer if you simply act like you know a ton about the bible but not much about their religion (when they ask how you know so much about the bible tell them you went to school for religious studies). Most JW's have a well of bible versus but never go outside of those individual scriptures for context. Every time she would turn to a scripture I would say, "now lets read what was before and after" then point out that her scripture didn't have much to do with our argument in the context of the chapter. This usually always dead ends JW's since critical thinking is a no-no.

Another thing I pointed out to her was how silly their name was. The question they can never answer is, "Paul had no problem calling himself Christian, why do you?". It always gets the same response, "we are Christian, but we are witnesses of Jehovah". To which I again just said, "Paul didn't call himself that, to the nations he was known as a Christian", it's another thing they never think about that they usually can't wiggle out of. She was most def. having a hard time and you could tell it in the way she was thinking out loud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit