Well, I just finished reading Crisis of Conscience thanks to IssacAustin!

by Botzwana 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Get a life debator! I'm glad he made money being he spent his life for the Cult and had nothing when he left! He deserved it! It took a lot of courage to do what he did. His conscience was stronger then his fear

• misguided
    misguided

I think there is a status level as to what the outcome will be for the elders on the committee. Nepotism seemed to rule. I was 3rd generation, by dad was an elder. I got away with a lot. My other friend was a daughter of a PO...she got away with a lot, too (until she got preggers.) My other friend only had her mom a JW, she got reproved for everything...even though we were there with her.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Nepotism! yup! and to think there was a time i honestly believed the elders were told by Jehovah if someone was repentant. It has NOTHING to do with repentance and everything to do with the reputation of the Cult!

• therevealer
    therevealer

hey debator have you read the book??

I saw one yes from you but don't think it was an answer to my earlier post

• pirata
    pirata

Although I found a copy of CoC to read online, I ended up buying the PDFs of Coc and ISOC on commentary press website to show my thanks (and provide some support for Mrs. Franz). They're only $8 or so each.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

CoC is not the holy Grail. It is just an imperfection of men fallacy argument! I'm surprised it still works on people. Only those who expect perfection from imperfection IMO would be rocked by it.

We are human and we are imperfect and despite being God's people still have to face daily life and administration as his people with these two realities around us.

Those that are stumbled by imperfection of men couldn't have read the Bible correctly.

My reply: Reniaa, got bored over the weekend huh? C of C is not a holy grail...simply a factual account of how WHAT YOU CONSIDER a holy grail is run. Looks like you have put your foot iny our mouth again here Reniaa.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Botzwana...check your pm.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    CoC is not the holy Grail. It is just an imperfection of men fallacy argument! I'm surprised it still works on people.

That the author made money from the book does is not prove the book is false. It is just ad hominem fallacy argument! I'm surprised it still works on people.

• reds
    reds

Who are you to judge Ray Franz for telling the truth and making an honest living from it. He had the courage to do what is right knowing full well he would pay a high price. The irreversible decision based on false presentations of God's will not to have children and how this left him feeling hollow inside for his wife Cynthia should he pass on before her.The fact that the very research he was asked to do by the org. is what eventually in the big picture led to the book. Have you read the book? If your faith is that strong, reading the book should'nt hurt.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa as Reniaa always put her foot in her mouth. Reniaa posting as Debator does nothing different...but look stupid, attempt to defend the indefensible and make biased and ridiculous assertions based on her own delusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit