Shackled to the Watchtower: A distinction every Jehovah's Witness should acknowledge

by Nickolas 49 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

@ Ding

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If you visit the official Watchtower site you will read that the Supreme Court has upheld the Watchtower's right to disfellowship and shun its members. Kind of a puzzling justification, given that the Supreme Court has also upheld a woman's right to abortion. This is as disingenuous as the Society's trumpeting of every scientific discovery that supports its worldview while condemning every scientific discovery that contradicts it. It never ceases to amaze me how two-faced the Watchtower Society is.

• scary21
    scary21

TOO FUNNY!!!! I can hardly wait untill I can use that one

• Ding
    Ding

LITS raises a great point.

If you walk into any KH, odds are someone is there is feeling trapped and thinking they are alone and helpless.

Maybe they're thinking of suicide as a way out or maybe they're just planning to gut it out for the rest of their lives.

Maybe it's an elder's wife, like LITS.

Maybe it's an elder himself.

Everyone is afraid to say anything.

How can we connect with such people?

How can we help them?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

How can we help them?

The million dollar question. Rock or a hard place? Frying pan or fire? Take your pick.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    How can we connect with such people? How can we help them?

The answer really is the same for both questions, dear Ding (peace to you!): by telling them the truth... about the Truth (John 14:6)... and thus, the "Trooth ® " (John 10:8). You really can't do the first without having done the second. I would tell any who have a spouse/child/loved one in the WTBTS to try it. Just have them read John 6:48-58... from their own Bible (NWT)... with emphasis on verses 51 and 53. Ask them what THEY get out of what's written there. And then watch... as the "light" comes "on." Doesn't take very long, actually. Just be prepared for the plethora of questions that will most certainly follow.

True, such ones might not want their loved ones to continue believe in God and Christ. And while some do... some don't. But they almost certainly won't have to worry about them believing in the WTBTS any longer.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Too easy, Shelby. I think they will just interpret John 6:48-58 as allegory because wine and bread are allegories for blood and flesh. Spiritual food, not literal food.

• AGuest
    AGuest

You could be right, dear Nick (again, peace to you!), but that hasn't been my experience. And I have seen many come out. To the contrary, actually, that set of verses tends to blow the WTBTS "shingles" right off such one's eyes. Because, it is that "shingle"... the difference between the "anointed" and everyone else... that often keeps them "blind." Once they realize, however, that there is NO difference, that they, too, CAN be taken into the [New] Covenant... that Christ IS their mediator, too... and that they CAN... eat and drink without bringing "judgment" against themselves... and SHOULD... and so can literally be "in union" with Christ, too... and not just by "relation"... things change. And tend to change quickly.

I can only tell you, though, dear one; it's up to you, however, to have the courage to test it. I do realize, however, that many will ask "how"... but come up with all kinds of reasons not to, once told. Because while they may be sure they want loved ones to come out, they're not sure if they want them to maintain their love for God and Christ in the process. In their eyes, remaining in the WTBTS may be the lesser of two "evils." I assure you it absolutely is not, but you're the one who has to weigh the results and decide as to your case.

Again, I bid you peace... and courage (smile).

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. I don't know if you know, but you could "test" it here, first. Simply ask all those who came out, but still have faith in God and Christ, what it was that brought them out/changed their minds about the WTBTS. I think you'll be surprised at the responses. Peace!

P.S.S. And it really isn't that hard. It's just that folks... in and out... THINK it is. Tell them the truth, however, and it actually IS rather easy.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

good thread

coming back later...

oz

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Loving this thread. The Borg does continue to rot from within. My father-in-law is living in a dream world thinking that all the service and meeting attendence is going to help him to salvation. He was an elder once and wants that title again. It is a pity trying to show a grown assed man that he has to use his brain to think and ask himself questions. I guess that since he knows nothing else, he tries to hang on to the only thing that he knows, cause in the real world, his old, ignorant, judgemental, and spitefull ass would not matter to anyone. Sorry to go on about this, but I have extended family members who are afraid of his evil ass because he holds the money card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit