Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

by Simon 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Maybe they will announce they were right about the "millions now living will never die" teaching. They just had the wrong expectations. The ones we thought had died are actually alive, invisibly, and all JWs will live forever but invisibly, along with those "millions", and the "faithful ones of old", in another dimension.

Borgfree""

LOL! It has a ring of truth to it............I would not put it past the Dubs to do this......

• undercover
    undercover
    But haven't the district conventions taken place? Has there been any "new light?"

There have been a couple of conventions already. I thought a couple of people here had posted reviews or summations of what they heard when they attended. They haven't mentioned any startling news. Maybe they slept through it.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I tend to agree, there will be some new speculation regarding the end of this system (still soon) but the 1914/607 will be faded into oblivion

definitely changes coming in the blood issue, maybe not this assembly, but over the next few years.

for sure another "heavenly" and "earthly" class, running out of room for these people again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to push 1975 in to replace 1914, this would give them another 60 years to push Armaggeddon again, and suck in a bunch of new generations. The society tends to repeat itself over and over again over the years.

with all the world's problems televised on CNN daily, they will start to give more and more examples that the end is so close.

As crazy as this sounds, (and I have started threads on this issue), I think the door to door work will be faded out as well. It is by far the #1 thing JW's do not like about the religion, and the Watchtower does not want ot lose anyone else.

How low can they sink ???? Could they possibly say we NEVER protected pedophiles and try to blame the elders of certain congregations for not handling the situations properly.

It will be entertaining, always enjoy the posters who still attend, filling us in on the recent meetings and assemblies.

• undercover
    undercover

I just noticed that Simon's post was in 2000. No changes in 00, 01 or 02. Prolly none in 03. They'll just keep dishing out the same ole drivel.

• dmouse
    dmouse

1914 has to go ... not a matter of 'if' but 'when'. Just as 1799 and 1874 had to go. Time is their eternal enemy.

The 'generation' change should have done far more damage than it did, assuming a thinking audience. What this highlights to me is that JWs are so tightly controlled that the WBTS will be able to drop a major bombshell and suffer barely a scratch.

Dropping 1914 should be a 'lights on' for anyone; it should, by all rights, devastate the religion having been at the core of its teachings for nearly a hundred years. But I no longer underestimate the propensity the rank and file have for swallowing anything dribbling forth from the GB.

But it won't be sudden, it will take years of gradual change starting with not mentioning 1914 as much...to not mentioning it at all...to putting something in its place. The 1914 teaching will be so atrophied by the time it is abandoned few will even notice. I reckon this will take about 10 - 20 years.

I think before that we will have new light on the UN.

• Gadget
    Gadget

At the convention it was really laid on heavy about accepting new light without questioning it, and doing as much as you can in the truth and having as little contact as possible with everything else.

""Maybe they will announce they were right about the "millions now living will never die" teaching. They just had the wrong expectations. The ones we thought had died are actually alive, invisibly, and all JWs will live forever but invisibly, along with those "millions", and the "faithful ones of old", in another dimension.

Borgfree

This is nearer the truth than you think. The only thing new I noticed was about the "Spiritual Paradise" already being here. The point was made that why do we need the earthly paradise to come so quick when we're already living in spiritual paradise.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Undercover,

I just noticed that Simon's post was in 2000.

That just about cuts this thread dead, I would say!

Spanner

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, three yrs on since this thread was started and.......no changes.

rocketman of the don't hold your breath class

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I think gadget's reminder about their hitting accepting new light without question and staying away from everything not JW-related is particularly chilling.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

When those 'changes' are made public, you know damn straight, that many of you on this forum, could probably guess at random, and were bound to pick the right 'change' (new light).

Aren't you glad you are on the outside, looking in?

What a perspective (sunglasses on, readying for new light).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit