Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

by AK - Jeff 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think this video (warning for language) explains why we can't all just get along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwwvBygoFA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Then again, maybe it's simply case of some entirely missing the point (perhaps due to not getting enough sleep, as evidenced by all of their yawning)... and others just simply refusing to get it. That would explain a lot.

But, ah, well... what can you do?

Nothing, IMHO, but continue to wish all peace! Certainly 'tis the season!

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Possibly because most of us are programmed by the Establishment to believe that our way is the only way. You see this in schools, churches (and Kingdumb Hells), and parents. They do this on purpose to prevent people from seeing other, possibly superior solutions that would prevent the leaders from maintaining control and sucking us dry at will. One place you see this is on school tests: What happens if the official answer is actually wrong and you can prove it, you put the actual correct answer with the proof on the test instead of the "official" correct answer, and get it wrong? This goes on all the time in schools--there is only one correct answer, and you are judged according to how well you stick with that officially correct answer.

And, among Jehovah's Witlesses, it is even worse because they are told to believe the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. While we might cease believing them, the constant "Our way is the only way" instruction is still there. Instead of its being the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that's "always right", it might be our own beliefs or another church we now attend. People are programmed to be rigid (to prevent the whole Establishment from crumbling down), and this has the effect (besides keeping people dependent on the Establishment) of creating many of the fights we see.

Not only do these fights create problems for these boards (and for families), but they deprive us of the opportunity to learn. We disagree because we each have different missing or bad "knowledge". If the Establishment wasn't so bent on exploiting us, the real truth would soon come out. Every disagreement would result in a civil argument, where each side presents why they believe so. These gaps in knowledge would be filled in, and pretty soon we would have the arguments solved. Both sides would win such arguments, since both sides would be closer to the real truth. And the arguments would stop becoming fights.

Of course, that would be bad news for those scumbags trying to enslave us all.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If we don't read with a view to understanding what is presented, but only to look for flaws, this contributes to the inability to 'get along' doesn't it?

Just found it interesting that many believers attributed the words that they disagreed with to me - when it is obvious if you actually looked at what I posted, that it was not my viewpoint, but an article that I found interesting on the matter. The link is right there, pointing to the real author.

Jeff

• designs
    designs

A person with interests or a career in Science would have what to say to a spouse that is a Fundamentalist or a Regular Pioneer

Unless you believe polar opposites attrack...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Pretty cool video, OTWO.

Believers act just like that - but how upset would they be if atheists were doing so, if atheists were in the majority and acted that way?

Jeff

• poppers
    poppers

Just found it interesting that many believers attributed the words that they disagreed with to me - when it is obvious if you actually looked at what I posted, that it was not my viewpoint, but an article that I found interesting on the matter. The link is right there, pointing to the real author.

I noticed that too, AK, but they did give their thoughts about them (which you invited), though some erroneously attributed them to you.

• bohm
    bohm

Buuuh. Bad Jeff! Buuh! such an inflamatory article, such a wicked pro-atheistic statement! And how vile it is worded! buuuuuuuh!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Explain bohm, your definition of vile.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Chalam - please clarify your posting of Galatians 5:19-21. Are you suggesting that this applies to atheists or to Christians? Or did you just feel a need to post a scripture?

As far as Romans 8:7, which you clearly apply to atheists in your comment below - you are dead wrong.

Atheists are not hostile toward God - we do not believe in God, hence there is nothing to be hostile toward in our opinion. While a true atheist might be angry toward the god-concept and the amount of damage it does to human society - he certainly feels no emotion or opinion of hostility toward God - he knows there is no god [or at least accepts rationally that there is no evidence to support the concept], and as a result may be angry toward society that stole years of his productive life by influencing him to believe. But toward God, no anger. It would be like hating Santa or the Tooth Fairy or Jesus - all stories with fictional characters is all.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit