My first time

by not bitter 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

so how many of you still believe in God? Can I ask a question that personal?

I don't think I believe in anything anymore other than the goodwill and kindness of the wicked world

I'm on your wavelength here, Not Bitter.

I stick with what I know and what I have experienced. Here's what I posted on smiddy's thread "If God truly loved humans..." ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202571/2/If-God-truly-loved-humans-why-not-reveal-himself-So-that-they-could-make-an-informed-decision )

I think a big part of the problem is that most people have been taught that God is a separate being and our Heavenly Father. This cannot be proven so it's probably wise not to go there.

The Bible states that God is Love. All of us, male and female know love, have seen love, have given love, have received and felt love. This is the only REAL thing that makes any sense to me in terms of 'God'. I no longer see him as a separate being or Father figure. Love is the most important ideal of all. And it is a part of every one of us.

We can only go by what we know and what we experience. No one has actually seen a separate being called 'God' so how can you know he is an actual being that exists separately and know where he exists? The answer is "You cannot know."

The only thing I know is that Love is the most important message from whomever wishes to convey it. Call it what you want -- God, Christ, the Bible, or any other holy book or person. As with energy, we all have it within ourselves and the message is to give freely of it.

This is ALL that matters.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I still believe in a Creator Whom I believe to be God,(His Son,Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit >ONE!!!)
    I believe I am made in HIS image I have a body/as Christ did
    I have a soul/As God is
    I Have a Spirit/ As the Teacher has I am 3 in one as I believe they are

No body has to agree with me.I am comfortable believing what I believe.But I love any one who don't
    believe the way I do. Not like the Watchtower who teaches hate those who do not accept their teaching
    You asked me I replied

Mouthy

• Murray Smith
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

a belated welcome to another Brit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit