My first time

by not bitter 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome Not bitter

Nice that you found us here. I look forward to your future posts.

I've told my parents and they are in their mid 70's, it didn't go down too well. After showing them what I know they are still die hard JWs, no shunning from them at all. It's great being free to express myself whenever they start talking JW propaganda :) I couldn't force myself to lie about why I left this crappy religion, I believe they deserve to know the truth about the JW version of the TRUTHâ„¢.

Each case is different and I wish you all the best.

3Mozzies

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome, welcome!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

not bitter: Welcome!

'Does anyone else feel like me about having close family in it but not wanting to rock the boat?' Affirmative! I hear you.

You have found a good place here. I have always found this forum very therapeutic. You will too.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I just nod and smile with my parents. They know I don't believe and don't say much to me and I don't say much to them. My mom is almost 70 and my dad 75. I don't think it's really a kindness to them at their age to be trying to pull the rug out from under them. They've spent their entire adult life in the org, almost 50 years now.

If they showed signs of wanting to know, then sure, but they don't, so what's the point?

Cog

• Curtains
    Curtains

hi not bitter, welcome.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Not Bitter!

Wow, does your story sound familiar. I had been out for many years and I did not get ANGRY until I found this site. The interesting thing is that I did NOT go looking for this site (no kidding, I found it completely accidentally while researching something else) but my oh my, did it change everything.

It's not a fun stage to go through, but it feels much better once you are on the other side! We're glad you're here.

Love,
    Baba.

• not bitter
    not bitter

so how many of you still believe in God? Can I ask a question that personal?

I don't think I believe in anything anymore other than the goodwill and kindness of the wicked world

• jam
    jam

not bitter;That,s the beauty of this site. You will or you have develop critcal thinking.

You have atheist, agnostic, baptist, methodist, JW,s and all in between here. Some feel they

have the answers for all of life problems and others are still searching. If you believe in

goodwill and kindness that,s fine. No one will criticize you for what you believe. You have

the freedom to search. I am A agnostic for now, next week I may be A Baptist or A methodist

but never, never A JW.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

I don't think I believe in anything anymore other than the goodwill and kindness of the wicked world

It is very common that xJw turns agnostic or atheists after.

http://www.freeminds.org/blogs/spirituality-beyond-gilead/we-all-lose-faith-sometimes.html

Im agnostic now after 30+ year as a JW.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Hi Not Bitter,

When I first woke up there were to main desires - one was to meet with the elders and tell them everything I'd found out and the other was to invite all family over and launch a full on presentation of everything that was wrong.

Thankfully I did neither.

A meeting with the elders would be totally pointless based on the experience of others on this board. Had I done so, I would now be DF.

A meeting with the family would have resulted in the same apart from maybe one or two who would have seen the truth.

So far I've just faded - not spoken a word to anyone. As a result there's no heat from the elders and the family are still in touch.

I do feel sad for them though fighting on doing everything they are supposed to do in their worship of the organsiation and wish I could free them but there's no easy or comfortable way of doing it.

Jesus will do it when he returns and he'll do it PERFECTLY.

S8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit