The organisation wants our money

by Heartofaboy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Has anyone heard that at the end of the Theocratic Service meeting last night the organisation asked for money, pensions, properties, shares, insurance policies in fact anything of any financial value?

It upset some people attending the meeting.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Crap, forgot to go this week. Or dial in. Hopefully some others can confirm this.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Can't get blood from a stone. If this is true, then the death rattle from the Watchtower is growing louder.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think they have always asked for money, ironically, even around this "giving" season. Unfortunately, they somehow get it too, even though they discourage any long term concerns like pensions, shares etc since the end is coming so soon anyway.

Unfortunately, sadly, they don't just want your money. They also want your heart and soul, life and blood.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

They give this talk annually. It is based on the WT article that comes out every year that explains the "Charitable Planning" arrangement..."leave us your property, pension, life insurance, etc when you die."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Your kids and grandkids don't need your money. They "will never grow old" in this system because Armageddon is coming SOON!

And people lap it right up. Usually the poor and uneducated ones, sadly.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

For some in attendance the pressure seemed to be different this time to give them your money.

Why aren't they relying on 'Holy Spirit' from Jehovah rather than from Mammon??

• designs
    designs

Was this the setup- Have the Witnesses put off natural things like marriage and children and when they grow old leave any savings to them

• carla
    carla

Can anyone else confirm this from their meeting?

• jay88
    jay88

"leave us your property, pension, life insurance

>>>>>>>>>>

I have seen this in Watchtower Study Edition I think last year or so.

WTBTS does not want to consider themselves to be apart of the world, but will enjoy the fruit that comes with the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit