"Are you In the Truth?"

by Nickolas 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I think a mistake people make is to believe that a 'christian' must be perfect, and so they hold them to a standard that they would not hold anyone else. But I know that in my case (as Shelby knows in her case) that I am far from perfect. FAR FROM - and that is not false humility, that is simply truth. So I NEED Him. To help me, to guide me, to teach me, to love me, to forgive me, and to give me the strength to get up and try again, and again, and again... (you get the point).

It is only through Him that I can set aside anger and annoyances, and remember patience and love and mercy - all of which bring me peace. I have tried to do it on my own, and failed. I need Him to be able to do these things, and HE does not fail me. It is when I set Him aside, to do things on my own, that I act upon anger and annoyance and forget what love and mercy actually mean.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I think a mistake people make is to believe that a 'christian' must be perfect, and so they hold them to a standard that they would not hold anyone else.

For most here, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you!... and, you, too, dear PSacto... and thanks for the "defense" and "advice" - )... this stems from the false teachings of the WTBTS. They have some kind of delusion that one can cleanse oneself... outside AND inside. Be "perfect"... by any other means than love (Matthew 5:46-48)... and the blood of Christ.

It's why they place SO much emphasis on "clean" facilities and such (c'mon, John the Baptist was a transient... yet, he was the precursor to our Lord!). They don't GET that they not only are NOT perfect, but that they can't BE perfect... without Christ. They've taken this false teaching, this delusion... this LIE... SO far, however, that they even think they can pay for their own sins with their own blood... and so resurrect themselves from the dead (i.e., "When you die you pay for your sins so you will be resurrected to life and get a second chance!"). Please: when you die... you die. Your LIFE was the wage paid for your sins. You get resurrected to LIFE, however, as a GIFT... from God. Through Christ. Who is the One WHO so resurrects you. IF you get such resurrection to life.

But I know that in my case (as Shelby knows in her case) that I am far from perfect. FAR FROM - and that is not false humility, that is simply truth.

Ah, yes, dear tec... but we are among those who were lied to for SO long... they no longer RECOGNIZE the truth. They consider such statements as you say: false humility. Yet, ask them and they would say the same: "Oh, no, I'm not perfect!" Difference? You and I mean it. Sincerely. We know it and are not ashamed to say it. Even more, however, we are not afraid... or ashamed... to give the glory for the tiny amounts of "good" that we DO do... to Christ. Unfortunately, most would rather us give such glory to ourselves... while chiding if/when we don't. Again... the little children in the marketplace.

So I NEED Him. To help me, to guide me, to teach me, to love me, to forgive me, and to give me the strength to get up and try again, and again, and again... (you get the point).

You do. And I do. And they do. We ALL do. We all just don't know it... or have the requisite humility... to admit it.

It is only through Him that I can set aside anger and annoyances, and remember patience and love and mercy - all of which bring me peace.

I am SO glad to hear that... and you know why!

I have tried to do it on my own, and failed.

You and me, both. But I am not ashamed to say that... that I fail and will continue to fail... because it IS the truth...

I need Him to be able to do these things, and HE does not fail me.

Nor am I ashamed to say this. Does it make me/us look foolish? WHO CARES??

It is when I set Him aside, to do things on my own, that I act upon anger and annoyance and forget what love and mercy actually mean.

Yes. Which each and every one of us tend to do from time to time. Without exception. Well, except maybe the Dalai Lama. I mean, he's always pretty cool-headed (but then, if I were worshipped and revered the world over and had my every need attended to by others, I think I would be ever-cool, too. I mean, what WOULD I have to get angry/irritated/annoyed about??).

You know I hear you, dear tec. I hope some others do, too.

May JAH bless... you and your entire household... and may He ALWAYS grant you peace, through His Son!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I would say Shelby is probably wrong now.

A WHOLE lot going on in that "probably", dear Jerry. And yes, I am going to wish you peace, for now, which I will explain, below.

But I won't bother.

But you did...

"Probably" refered to being mistaken rather than the liar you are. I left room for being wrong. To be clear, either you are mistaken in your contact with SHOELESSJOE MISCAVICH and have a mental defect or (more likely) you are a liar that enjoys making stuff up.

You have been proven wrong and contradicting on here again and again.

You have one issue, human slavery, where you believe I am wrong because I told the truth, as it was given me by my Lord:

I am not worried about a "score" between you and me. There are plenty of others who have shown your information from your lord to be wrong.

You dispute that, based on what "the Bible" says. I explained that, as well. You, however, are the one who proves himself contradictory again and again. First, in that you don't even believe in God or the Bible (or so you say); yet, you apparently believe it to be infallible, as when I related what the Holy Spirit said... versus what the Bible says:

You make the rules according to your own bullcrap. When it suits you, the Bible is wrong. As for my view of the Bible, it is man's words. I have told others before, that it is standard argument to look at things from the opposite side of the fence. If I show up the WTS for not following the Bible as it claims, that doesn't mean we should follow the Bible. It just means they don't follow it. Same with other arguments. Or is that just another of your rules, only you can disregard the Bible but use it in your debates/arguments?

You do it here in a way:
    Unlike the very false teachings you received... and taught... when a part of the WTBTS, however... the Most Holy One of Israel is NOT a God that remembers our errors forever.

You used to spread the same false teachings and you act like I am a hypocrite for having done that then realizing it's all bullcrap.

Please go back to ignoring me, I liked it better.

No, you didn't, dear Jerry. You felt slighted. By me... and by relation, by God. Because you DON'T really think I am a fake. You WANT to think so... and even that's not totally accurate... but you don't, truly.

Your bullcrap you are pretending to receive from your lord is wrong again. I did like it better when you ignored me. I do really really believe you are fake and only leave the tiniest room for being wrong that you are in need of medical help instead. (It's the responsible thing to do.) I do truly mean that. If you want to add that to the "score" you are keeping then you have been wrong so many times when you "know" what I think, so I can't even count all that.

And so, you're "100%" is out the window. You're down to what, say, 90%, now?

Okay, good catch. 99.99% is better. See, I can admit when I am wrong.

If the trick doesn't work on somebody, the fault lies with their faith.

Yeah... don't you HATE it when those folks do that... and do it "in the name of Gawd!?"

...or SH)

If the trick doesn't work on somebody, the fault lies with their faith.

Yeah... don't you HATE it when those folks do that... and do it "in the name of Gawd!?"
    ...or SHOELESSJOE MAHALIA.

I accept that such a fantasy could be reality,

And so, we're down to, what, 80%, now??

The 100% was about you, not the fantasy itself. Moving on as I covered that.

I can't wait for some large part of the non-JW 99.9% of the world to become JW's then get woken up and become ex-JW's and learn English somewhere in the process so they can discover JWN and learn about GEZUNHEIT MISCHEVIOUS from you. Then they will know. Until then, they will remain in ignorance.

• jay88
    jay88

the lease on your soapbox has not yet expired

>>>>>>>>>>

Why should it expire, as long as folk can commune in dialogue as regular human beings.

jay,

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your bullcrap you are pretending to receive from your lord is wrong again.

I like that. It may become my standard response to AGuest.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sigh... and there you go.

We were all hypocrites, Jerry. Some more than others in that we also forced others to be hypocrites (Matthew 23:15)... literally scared them into it... or sat in judgment of them. All of that "they made me do it" isn't going to fly for everyone. For some, but not for all. Certainly not those who were "they" (you know, those who ponied up for that some of that "double honor" stuff, remember?)

Difference is... we just don't all blame God for it. Some of us realize that it was our own desires and thinking that led us... to be misled. Willing to admit that there really was something "wrong" with us. It's called "imperfection."

Some others of us, however, just haven't "evolved" enough... spiritually or intellectually... yet... to realize that we really are imperfect and so it really was our mistake... and not God's. Here's hoping, though...

And now, time for this little girl to move on... I hope...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

I'm not catholic and never was...I'm not devoted to any denomination at all and never was...I am however quite devoted to the church which is made up of people...when you slag the church regardless of the denomination you are talking about people.

"You're concerned for the Church. We've had THAT discussion on more occasions than I can count."~AGuest...lol...you can't count to 3?

"Second, your insistence at trying to make be believe that following a man, the Pope, and HIS "church"... is what God wants us to do... because that is what YOU do"~ AGuest... no I don't...

"It has been years, Michelle. Years"~ AGuest...ummm...I've only been corresponding to you for two years...a grand total of 16 pm's from me and 12 that you've sent me...

"I have more respect for most of those who say there IS no God... than you, who cannot see past your blind, starry-eyed reverence for a man... whom you call "Father"... while claiming to belong to Christ."~AGuest...the exagerations just keep coming don't they?

I do love Shelby...but the one who told you to register as "AGuest"...the "Guest" in your "house", not so much.

I want to comment on the statement I made about "numbers meaning something...they do in that, proportionately less people HAVE chosen Jesus Christ as their saviour than have not...and with Tammy's comment about the numbers dwindleing...the scriptures DO say that the love of the greater number will grow cold so...so, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

love michelle

p.s. AGuest you said this in answering OTWO... "where you believe I am wrong because I told the truth, as it was given me by my Lord"...the thing is, that same thing can be said of whatever Mohammad said to his followers...does that make it a universal truth or just your truth.

• tec
    tec
    I am SO glad to hear that... and you know why!

Yes, you do.

Peace and love to you, Shelby.

(Oh, and does the dalai lama have a wife and children? Because those might try his 'peace' at times, if he did, lol)

OTWO - I thought Shelby's last post to you (the last big one) was loving, and certainly explained how love and mercy trump rules... because love is the highest point of the law. I thought you might see that.

Tammy

• Inkie
    Inkie

Tec: What do you want from a G.E.D. dummy? --Inkie

• Mrs. Peck
    Mrs. Peck

I'm in the house.............................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit