My Window cleaner is a JW!

by highdose 22 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata
    I think I would try to get someone else, but that's me.

Why? Who cares what religion your window washer is if they haven't personally done anything to hurt you?

• mamalove
    mamalove

My ex is a window washer. Although in our divorce papers he insisted he be called a window cleaner....LOL LOL LOL. My lawyer even got the biggest kick out of it, and we had to document the new "title" for the CEO himself.

• jam
    jam

Three years after becoming A JW I quit my salesman job(1973) the big one coming.

After 1 year I had two crews of JW,s working for me. Very lucrative business. A large

portion of my business was housecleaning. When I quit my job I was offered A promotion,

The regional rep ask me why since I was moving up in the company. I told him I need

more time for my ministry and can you believe this I told him it,s my job to warn people

of the pending destruction, ok it would have been best If I had stop there, no my stupid

ass continue with my all knowing knowledge of the world future. He told me It was great

having you work for us you nut case, well he did not say that but Iam sure he tought it.

So for two years or more I clean windows, scrub toilets and floors. The turning point came

when we had A new customer after two or three visits the young lady ask me what high school

did I attend, I told her and we both graduated from the same school the same year.

Now she and her husband are lawyers and I , well cleaning her toilet. My high school

class numbered 0ver 800 kids.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hear that the biggest money is to be made hanging Christmas lights above the windows. I wonder if you could request a job installing Christmas lights on your roofline and around your windows, a wreath on a spot under a gable, and Christmas lights on your shrubs and trees. After all, that's when window washers' income stream dries up and an extra $2,000 would come in handy.

• xjw666
    xjw666

Effing window cleaners - it was a window cleaner that converted my parents over 50 years ago. My father had a great job, public school education and good prospects. They threw it all away to become JWs and lead a low income life of misery that destroyed their family and didn't see them in paradise as a payoff after Armageddon.

Jam - your story is a shocker. Hope things have worked out for you.

• designs
    designs

This sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy joke 'You know you're a JW if..........'

• new light
    new light

Good post and all, but the title statement is about as surprising to this group as would be:

"My cab driver is a Muslim!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Outlaw, I am stealing that thought and leaving it as my status on FB during the holiday weekend.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I don't know what window cleaners (transparent wall technicians) earn in the U.S but in the U.K they are on anything from £30 - £60 per hour, more if they have a couple of guys working for them. Part time job for a very good full time wage! Most pioneers are window cleaners, but many have flash cars for the aforementioned reason.

• jam
    jam

xjw666; I learn from 1975. I became A prototype machinist for A airospace company.

Because the company I work for produce parts for the military I was criticize and

told , this is no place for A JW to work. Well I did not heed the warning. The end

result, I have retired and may add comfortablee. Some of those brothers that told

me to quit my job are still in the work force, no retirement ( men 60-80 yrs. of age).

So it work out fine for me.

COOK; transparent wall technician--That,s A Gem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit