In Your Opinion Who Is The WORST President In USA History?

by minimus 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    3) he succeeded in offending the CIA, Southern Democrats, the Federal Reserve, Organized Crime and countless others

You've just succeeded in raising him in my estimation.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Woodrow Wilson for signing the Federal Reserve Act in 1913

• therevealer
    therevealer

any of the watchtower presidents!!!

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

JeffT,

The first three words "In Your Opinion................".

JDW

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

You want history?

The biggest failure as President was Jefferson Davis, but it wasn't his fault.

JDW

• blondie
    blondie

1) Buchanan

2) Harding

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Andrew Johnson

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

1a. Jimmah Carter

1b. Barrack Housein Obama

2. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

3. Warren G. Harding

4. Andrew Jackson

5. Lyndon Johnson

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

In U.S. history, James Buchanan...

During my lifetime, Jimmy Carter...

Both were wishy-washy and passive in the face of challenge (Buchanan in the face of slavery and the rising Confederacy and Carter on galloping inflation and an emerging radical Iran)

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

In light of the words of the Declaration of Independence (i.e., "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...") and various amendments of the Bill of Rights (to the U.S. Constitution), I would say, IMHO:

WORST:

1. Any U.S. President, from George Washington to James Buchanan... who allowed/perpetuated African slavery, in light of the purpose, spirit, and words set forth in the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights; and

2. Any U.S. President from Rutherford B. Hayes... who started Jim Crow... and all those who came after him who allowed/further perpetuated it... in light of the purpose, spirit, and words of the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights.

BEST:

1. Ulysses S. Grant, who fought, literally, to end slavery; and

2. Lyndon B. Johnson, who eliminated Jim Crow, literally, with the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

For those who would disagree, I would argue... without regard to any spiritual or religious realization... that "when one member of the body suffers, the entire body suffers." This entire country has suffered as a result of that institution and its aftermath... and in some ways suffers yet today. And in addition to the domestic problems that are a result, we don't have the full respect of the world that we could have had we done "right" toward our own. We showed ourselves as hypocrites and not even discreetly. And still do, today. We may not all want to acknowledge and admit this truth but it's evident: this country's "sons" have paid dearly... and are yet paying... for the "sins" of its "fathers."

Okay, those who don't like having a light beamed on this particular piece of truth can turn of your lamps and go back into the dark, now. But someone did ask.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit