Are Jehovah's Witnesses Damned For Their Beliefs?

by Cold Steel 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Stephen You were not the one I had coffee with. But I would love to sometime.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Revelation 21:8 (New International Version)

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Stephen what about JW babies and JW old people who were very godly for decades?

Doesn't seem very just that a coward, liar, or someone who had premarital sex would get the same eternal condemnation torment in hellfire as a murderer or someone who practices black magic. Perhaps the fiery lake of burning sulfur means something else.......like the second death? (annihilation)

Think About It

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, the Bible plainly condemns idolatry. The witlesses are effectively worshiping their Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Telling them not to independently check validity of their doctrines, study the Bible on their own or in small groups, or cross-reference the accuracy of their Bible is one clue that they are in fact worshiping the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Another is when they tell the witlesses that, even if they can prove a doctrine wrong using their own Bible, they still have to abide by and teach the bad doctrine until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself fixes it is another.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Still lot's of good & holy people in the JW's."

Yes there are Think,

I had met some wonderful people, and I miss them I really do, but I have to accept that their friendship came with the condition that I must believe everything the WTS says . still hurts today. But I'm surviving it

• Chalam
    Chalam

Stephen what about JW babies and JW old people who were very godly for decades?

The destinies of the unborn, infants and young children who die are not clearly defined in scripture.

However, there is evidence they go to heaven 2 Samuel 12:23

I have heard many testimonies those who have had dreams or visions of their own chlildren in paradise.

Indeed, the Kingdom is belomgs to such as these Matthew 18:3, Matthew 19:14, Mark 10:14

As for adults, we are free to choose. JWs choose the second death by not heeding the command of the Lord

John 6:53-54 (New International Version - UK)

53 Jesus said to them, I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Peter 2:7-8 (New International Version - UK)

7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone,

8 and,

A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.

They stumble because they disobey the message— which is also what they were destined for.

John 3:6-8 (New International Version - UK)

6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

With love in Christ,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Stephen You were not the one I had coffee with. But I would love to sometime.

Anytime Grace :)

If we don't get to grab one before Glory I am sure we can drink a toast of the new wine to our Lord then!

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I had met some wonderful people, and I miss them I really do, but I have to accept that their friendship came with the condition that I must believe everything the WTS says . still hurts today. But I'm surviving it.

Probably lot's of people in different religions who are godly people, but very shallow with friendships that are based on conditions of same belief system. In many cases religion has not produced very nice people.

Think About It

• Think About It
    Think About It
    JWs choose the second death by not heeding the command of the Lord.

You sir are as dogmatic as the WTS. So evidently everyone is condemned but those that adhere to your cult standards.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

" In many cases religion has not produced very nice people "

Now that's somethin' to think about

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I find it interesting that this thread has followed a stricly Christian perspective. It's entirely possible to believe in an afterlife and not associate it with Christianity (or any other religion) at all. I wonder what non-Christians who believe in an afterlife but perhaps still think salvation is necessary for it would have to say on this matter. Do we have anyone like that around?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit