Are Jehovah's Witnesses Damned For Their Beliefs?

by Cold Steel 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Did it do any good

• mouthy
    mouthy

NO!!!! LOL

• Think About It
    Think About It

There Stephen goes judging and damning the Jehovah's Witnesses again.

Think About It

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't think anyone is "damned" in an outright way, there will come a time when we will have to choose, obivously and the reason that only God and Jesus will judge us is because only they know whatis truly in our hearts, why we did waht we did and believed what we believed.

BUT, the issue with the JW's is NOT what they belief per say, but the fact that they preach it in an aggressive manner.

By Aggressive I mean that they "Go out and preach" this to evne those that are not looking for it.

And since their Message is wrong and even dangerous, yes they will ALL have to answer for that.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi there think about it,

when I first posted my comment I suggested that I thought they were damned also, but I'm glad that in

My brief discussion with Sab, I found that I had no right to say who was damned or not, that would have put

me in the same catagory as the JW's . One thing I love about this board is that we can learn alot from other posters

• Chalam
    Chalam

There Stephen goes judging and damning the Jehovah's Witnesses again.

If you read my post, all I did was quote scripture. If you feel "dammed" then take it up with the Holy Spirit.

John 16:7-11 (English Standard Version)

7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Yep, there you have it folks! Crazy is as crazy does.

Gawd forbid we could actually get Stephen to engage in a discussion on the merits of the NT. What's the old line from Fundamentalist's 'The Bible says it, I believe it, end of discussion'.

• leavingwt
  • Think About It
    Think About It
    Hi there think about it,
    when I first posted my comment I suggested that I thought they were damned also, but I'm glad that in
    My brief discussion with Sab, I found that I had no right to say who was damned or not, that would have put
    me in the same catagory as the JW's . One thing I love about this board is that we can learn alot from other posters

Still lot's of good & holy people in the JW's. I would never presume to think I'm better than them in God's eyes just because I left the religion. Although I don't consider fundamentalist Stephen damned, I find it hard to believe anyone without his narrowminded and scripturally unproven views would be damned by God to an eternity of torment in hellfire.

Think About It

• Chalam
    Chalam

I just read the bible and believe it.

Take it up with Jesus if you have an issue with His words.

Matthew 5:22 (New International Version)

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 25:40-41 (New International Version)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

James 3:6 (New International Version)

6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

Jude 1:7 (New International Version)

7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Revelation 21:8 (New International Version)

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

With love in Christ,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit