Are Jehovah's Witnesses Damned For Their Beliefs?

by Cold Steel 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Obviously this is for people who believe in an afterlife.

Are Jehovah's Witnesses damned because of their beliefs? Please elaborate.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have no idea .But my personal belief is That MY God,( Jesus Christ) examines
    not religions but HEARTS!!! If we have LOVE in our hearts, & we try to lead

a kind, loving to thy neighbour,forgiving others that treat us badly.
    TRYING to NOT do the things that offend .I know how I love MY kids
    & Grandkids, & believe me they are causing ME LOADS of heart acheI would not leave them or desert them,& I my friend is just a very old woman
    Who has done SOOOO much wrong in my long life.He is the GOD of LOVE

So I expect the same of HIM since I am made in HIS image

Only MY personal opinion...

• garyneal
    garyneal

I agree with Mouthy in that I think Christ reads hearts and not religious beliefs. When you look in history and look at who the 'saints' are, the big question that comes in my mind is, how does one know for certain God viewed these people this way? Also, if God did view them this way and yet these people are not 100% correct in their beliefs (at least according to current understanding), then why do we feel like we need to get everything 100% correct in ours?

For instance, let's assume somehow that the witnesses are correct in their assertions in that they are 'closest to the truth.' What do they think of their founder? What did he believe when he went to his grave?

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Oh I agree. God reads hearts, He's merciful and understands our intentions and nature. A big determining factor of what religion you are, is where you were born. I can't believe a loving, merciful God would damn people who grew up differently, thought differently, and understood God differently. Same goes for Witnesses, especially those that were raised in it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Acts 1:8 jesus tells the apostles that they will be witnesses of him to the most distant parts of the earth

1 Corinthians 15: 1-26 paul tells that the good news is about Jesus and the kingdom

Galatians 1:8 pauls gives a warning that anything preached different than this will be accursed

Galaitians 1:11 paul tells that this does not come from man nor was it taught,but it was a revelation from Jesus

Matthew 28 :18 Jesus says that all authority has been given him in heaven and on earth

In the Reasoning Book under the heading of Jehovah witnesses it states that they are witnesses of Jehovah. On page 208 in this book it introduces witnessing about Jehovah as a new thought, something paul warned about in Galatians 1:8

Jesus witnessed about the father because he was the only one who had seen the father, not the apostles, but they were witnesses of Jesus .

If you get to know Jesus you can't help but get to know about the Father through in by Jesus Christ.

Another thing, if Jehovah had no problem with what Jesus told the apostles, Why do the WTS have a problem with it ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Who cares who is damned, get on with your lives.

Edited to say lives instead of life.

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sab, The question was Are Jehovah Witnesses damned for thier beliefs and the poster asked us to elaborate on what we thought, I gave my opinion, that doesn't mean i haven't gotten on with life.

If my answer offened you in anyway please elaborate, and I will apologize for the offense.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm not offended. I just think discussing "who is damned" is pointless and has a possibility of turning into an ugly conversation.

I just don't endorse the thread, I'm not offended in any way.

Maybe I should have kept my thought out of this thread.

This topic is a little bit of a "trigger" for me. The Witnesses were ALL about who is damned and who isn't and dwelled on those negative thoughts.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

My post wasn't directed at any one person (I usually quote when I am responing to a specific post).

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I'm not offended. I just think discussing "who is damned" is pointless and has a possibility of turning into an ugly conversation "

I got you Sab, I hate when threads turn ugly also. I hope I didn't offend anyone with family still in that was not my intention either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit