Anyone else feel stir crazy??

by dssynergy 25 Replies latest forum suggestions

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

So, now that I haven't been to meetings for over a year and I've told my mom and my friends that I'm taking a break I'm feeling a little....stir crazy. Is that normal? I think I read somewhere on this board someone mention they sort of went wild for about 6 months, got it out of their system and then were better. Is that normal?? Especially sexually, I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do - I'm a 39 year old born in. So the only sex I've had is when I had left before and was bar hoping. Not the best experiences and I can count them on one hand. I feel like I'm socially behind. I haven't done the experimentation that most people do in their teens and 20s - so if I get into a relationship I feel like I'm going to be a big disappointment they'll leave. I'm considering working with a "tutor" of sorts to catch me up.

Am I thinking about this all wrong? Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

• nelly136
    nelly136

dont panic about them leaving you, if theyre even halfway good enough they'll be quite happy to help you get past that.

and as for being experienced...that isnt always a guarantee of expertise either.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Catching up is hard to do. There are a lot of things to learn. Some things you can do to accelerate learning. There is a socalled pick up artist community. They have a lot of advice and experience to share. It may sound crass, but it is practical for guys like us. Girls don't like clumsy, inexperienced guys, it seems. Here is a google search on pua - http://www.google.ca/search?q=pua&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images

When/if you notice a guy who is good/smooth, you could hang w him to learn the art. You could be his wing man, for a while. Good luck. Be safe.

S

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I'm not necessarily trying to be an "expert". I just want to be comfortable. After so many years of repressing, it is uncomfortable to just "be" - and this isn't just sexually, it is in every way. So although I'm generally feeling better (less pressure) it is in many ways very unfamiliar and uncomfortable.

Suggestions on how to make the adjustment easier, anyone??

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

just for clarification, I'm a girl.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think this is the wrong area for this to be posted? Should this go in adult?

But, to answer your question, I don't think going crazy is the answer. But if you are a responsible, consenting adult, and are safe and careful about diseases and pregnancy and want to get your world rocked, and it won't bother you in the morning how you feel about yourself then go for it. Go for the art of being a good kisser, not too much spit, little tongue, learn to kiss a man's neck oh so good, and figure out how to make yourself so tempting.....but if you are in a relationship, I think all of that comes so natural and the key is being relaxed and confident and honest when you are together. One thing I HATE is when men use really clinical words. So try and talk a little dirty I guess....

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

You are right, this got posted in the WRONG place. This is not for the suggestion box. how do I get it moved??

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe you could join a singles club or group, just to hang out and do stuff with other singles. If it leads to a relationship cool but at least you would start to learn how to interact with the opposite sex.

• Ding
    Ding

Rather than bar hopping to "catch up," why not look for a real relationship with someone that will love you?

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Am I thinking about this all wrong? "

Yes you are, I grew up worldly, and I will ask you this, do you have respect for yourself, do you love yourself enough to say " I'm worth more than a roll in the Hay or a one night stand."

Do you think of setting an example for your future children even if you don't have any now. Would you want someone from your past coming up to your child and sayin' to them " I remember when your mom was a big ole Ho"

The thing I have learned about born ins, not all, but many, is that they think when they leave the WTS you no longer have the common sense or decency to make wise decisions

The first thing that's on your mind is about droppin' your drawers and gettin' all crazy, life ain't all about that, when you leave the WTS you should learn to appeciate and respect life and the freedom to make your own choices

The WTS expects you to act a fool, so you can go back crawlin' to them, they want you to think you can't make sound decisions.

My advice to you is to get a hobby, go volunteer at a rest home, school or hospital

when you meet the RIGHT person you won't have to worry about bein' inadequate, because what you don't know, they will be willin' to take a lifetime to teach you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit