Is there a such thing as a perfect weekend when you're a Jehovah's Witness?

by miseryloveselders 38 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Perfection is relative so yes, it's absolutely to have a perfect weekend as as JW. It's all in your perception and should never depend on others. You can be happy in whatever circumstance you find yourself in - it's a choice. Are certain experiences better when you no longer live under the JW mantle? Yes, for sure. But you have to sometimes make lemonade out of the lemons handed to you.

• Rebooted
    Rebooted

A perfect weekend was being too sick to go door to door OR to the Sunday meeting.

• nugget
    nugget

you are part of a high control group and when you are on the inside it is hard to see a way out without referring to their rules and their world view.

If you were in any other place that was making you miserable and ruining the quality of life you would leave it. If you hated your job and didn't feel appreciated you would look for a new one. If you were in a restaurant that served cold and unappertizing food you would never go back. You wouldn't care what other people thought of you actions you would leave.

Since leaving we have had good weekends and great family time. We have visited gardens and wildlife sanctuaries. We have spent whole days in PJs slobbing around because we can. Moovie marathons, baking and taking time to appreciate life. This weekend we spent unclogging the drain which turned out to be surprisingly amusing.

This afternoon I am making the kids christmas stockings.

Take a step outside, plan a weekend away and do what you want. Sleep in and miss meetings. Take time to refresh, recharge and really think about the direction your life should take.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I think JWs are the only people who WANT it to rain at the weekend - so a good excuse to miss field service.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

dmouse,

sounds a bit like me when i was in, hoping for rain, really heavy rain.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The perfect weekend for a dub is blowing off all the dub stuff for being snowed in or on a tropical vacation in a place with no Kingdom Hall. Otherwise, you are better off at work.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

On the way to field service, you are hijacked by an RV full of scantily clad apostate chicks who have beer and space cakes, and vow to make you forget about the WT$.

• moshe
    moshe

The freedom to say NO, is such a beautiful thing, but it does take courage and conviction.

• Ding
    Ding

<< "Jehovah's Witnesses recognize no human as their leader." >>

Where else can you attend a free comedy show with lines as good as this one?

• chickpea
    chickpea

the perfect weekend as a JW would have had to
    include enough snow to close the highway to the KH...

had a few of those, and believe me it was more fun
    to have to move FEET of snow, repeatedly, all wkend,
    than force 4 kids to listen to me read the "study article"
    to them while we drove to the hall....

forgive me, my babies; mama was an idiot...
    they got me to believe i would see you in paradise!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit